Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga 2000 Cherry Keyboard  (Read 1862 times)

Description:

Offline scuzzb494Topic starter

Amiga 2000 Cherry Keyboard
« on: August 10, 2019, 07:53:43 PM »
Hi

Was doing a feature on the Cherry and thought you might like to remember what it looked like.

http://www.scuzzscink.com/amiga/scuzzblog_august19/scuzzblogdaugust19_1002.htm

Also the classic Amiga 'C=' key which although featured on all Amiga 500 boxes was limited to the earlier models only. Shame really.

http://www.scuzzscink.com/amiga/scuzzblog_august19/scuzzblogdaugust19_1001.htm

Offline paul1981

Re: Amiga 2000 Cherry Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 11:36:10 AM »
The major difference I can see with that Cherry 2000 keyboard is the square F Keys as opposed to rectangular.

BTW,  I see you have some Archimedes stuff. Do you happen to have a spare lower case section for the A3000 in good nick? It was really annoying when I purchased my one and only A3000 off e-bay (2011 I think) and you know how the mice are quite rare and ultimately very expensive? Well mine came with a PC mouse with one of those short converter cables to convert the plug. The converter cable doesn't fit in the A3000 unless you cut away some of that plastic from the battery compartment / mouse socket section. Mine looks like heavy duty pliers were used.... oh how it bugs me. I want it replaced! If you have a spare let me know. Thanks.  :)

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 01:22:33 AM »
The major difference I can see with that Cherry 2000 keyboard is the square F Keys as opposed to rectangular.

BTW,  I see you have some Archimedes stuff. Do you happen to have a spare lower case section for the A3000 in good nick? It was really annoying when I purchased my one and only A3000 off e-bay (2011 I think) and you know how the mice are quite rare and ultimately very expensive? Well mine came with a PC mouse with one of those short converter cables to convert the plug. The converter cable doesn't fit in the A3000 unless you cut away some of that plastic from the battery compartment / mouse socket section. Mine looks like heavy duty pliers were used.... oh how it bugs me. I want it replaced! If you have a spare let me know. Thanks.  :)

The square keys are basically cus it uses the Cherry MX Black keys which is unique to this keyboard.

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Black

I have just two A3000s and no spare cases sadly. It is a problem with the mice but on my RiscStation I was able to use a PC roller mouse using the roller as the middle button. What I found is that I wasn't able to use later mice that run on the red light, but only mice that had an actual roller ball.  I generally keep an open search on Ebay for all kinds of mice. Same goes for the Amstrads. Cost me a fortune in truth. Bit like getting C64 mouse for my GEOS the one that is like the Amiga mouse. Always worth checking.

Offline paul1981

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 11:30:17 AM »
I think I have a C64 mouse in the loft! I think it may have blue bottons but I can't remember.

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 03:11:40 PM »
I think I have a C64 mouse in the loft! I think it may have blue bottons but I can't remember.

Probably the cheese. Plug that in without installing the software and it renders the keyboard useless. Great for GEOS.

Offline paul1981

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 11:04:37 AM »
Thanks for the tip. I don't remember any software with it, just the mouse I think. Cheese does sound familiar though. I've never ever even tried to use it. It was given to me about 15 years ago.

Offline blakespot

• Visit ByteCellar.com
    • Show only replies by blakespot
    • ByteCellar - The Vintage Computing Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 09:05:10 PM »
There was a Cherry A1000 keyboard as well, you know.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39862.0

bp
:: ByteCellar.com - The Vintage Computing Weblog
:: Amigas: 1000, 2000 '020, SAM440ep-Flex