Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nokia made a big mistake, in deep sh*t  (Read 8217 times)

Description:

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: Nokia made a big mistake, in deep sh*t
« on: April 12, 2012, 07:06:29 AM »
iOS has multitasking

I had been a massive Nokia fan since the 90s.  However symbian fell well behind, maemo was a joke and did meego ever get a release.

Having used all mobile OS,  I really can not fault in any way iOS and an iPhone4.  And I am far far far from an apple fan boy.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 07:08:11 AM »
Quote from: CritAnime;688135
I had an N95 8gb and I loved that phone. Had a solid music player, felt nice in the hand, screen size was great, could handle day to day web browsing alright and battery seemed decent.

Then I got the touchscreen phone that came out about a year later and it sucked. Kind of miss the N95 8gb.

I loved my N95 but then I used a decent touchcreen with good browser
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 08:07:24 PM »
Quote from: Jupp3;688204
Maemo on my N900 works well enough. Could be better (and Meego definitely is), but then again, N900 has an actual physical keyboard... :hammer:

Yes, it was released with "announced-to-be-last" N9. Which is rather fine piece of hardware. Except for the lack of keyboard, of course.

Some even think it might have sold more than Windows Phone (note, platform, not "Nokia Windows Phone" products)
http://communities-dominate.blogs.com/brands/2012/01/how-many-lumia-sales-as-nokia-and-microsoft-ashamed-to-reveal-number-lets-count-and-compare-to-n9-me.html

-EDIT-

Of course, N9 was not released at all in some lesser markets such as United States, United Kingdom and Germany, while concentrating in the most important markets, such as Luxemburg.

I loved my n900 they just dropped support too soon.  Meego was looking good but then they stopped the official launch for the n900

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 12:38:33 PM »
There is a version of android for both the n900 and the iphone :)

Windows 8 on tablets actually looks pretty good.

Desktop version dont have to use metro and from what  I have read there have been some pretty big improvements in response times and the overall speed of the OS