Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nokia made a big mistake, in deep sh*t  (Read 8226 times)

Description:

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
Re: Nokia made a big mistake, in deep sh*t
« on: April 12, 2012, 11:20:57 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;688124
The future of Windows, ladies and gentlemen!

Not unless my 40 XP Pro licenses get stolen from my house :lol:

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 04:55:52 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;688220
Heh, true that...come the end of active support, I'm making a fresh install, getting all the updates, and then imaging it for future use...

To be fair as long as latest emulators run on XP it works great for me. Unless I'm rendering frames for a HD movie 32bit OS is plenty fast enough too.

That 17gb saved in space can hold my ADFs and magazine scans :)

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 05:06:03 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;690264
The other problem with that line of thinking is that Microsoft, in attempting to enter the phone/tablet market, is going up against two well-established competitors, both of whom have more experience with it and are just plain likely to be better at it than them. Android and iOS dominate the market; what the hell is Microsoft going to offer that would sway someone to abandon their existing tablet or smartphone for a glorified Windows Phone 7 (which, I'm pretty certain, has less market share than VTech "learning computer" tablets)?

They bankrolled their way into the console market so they can only be trying it with Win phones.

However Microsoft will still fail, everyone loves Google and Apple is like a religion....kids will not seek out the M$ brand of phone OS as it's pure geek brand and offers nothing significantly better.

Funny because that's the struggle an x86 Amiga OS would face in mass market.