Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Logging you in, please wait...  (Read 3239 times)

Description:

Offline BlombergTopic starter

• Show all replies
Logging you in, please wait...
« on: August 21, 2004, 08:27:27 PM »
What's up with that? I usually get it when I try and open a page someone pasted on IRC or something.

Frankly, I don't understand why it needs to log me in, as afaik most AO pages are available to everyone (registered or not).

I wouldn't mind if it then took me to the page I wanted in the first place, but after "logging me in" it takes me to the front page, so i usually end up having to open the link twice to get where I want to go.

:-?

• Show all replies
Re: Logging you in, please wait...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 10:13:26 PM »
I don't *think* it is, I'm using the default cookie settings in Firefox (enabled - accept cookies normally) and it can't be a corrupted cookie, because I have the same problem under Windows and Mandrake (and the Mandrake one has been installed and uninstalled several times because of another problem i had).

What puzzles me is that it tries to log in just to view a forum page. Does that mean that unregistered users can't view pages via an external link at all?

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 10:16:51 PM »

Holley wrote:
Try setting the 'keep cookie for 1 year' then logging out and back in.  I've had this over at AmigaWorld and MorphZone before, both of whom have a similar setting.

I've tried playing a bit with that setting, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I did notice, though, that if I log out of AO and close the window, it works fine. Also unticking the "remember me" box at the log in works.
But then I have to log in every time :o

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 02:47:20 PM »

Wayne wrote:

It's a known bug, and there's nothing we can do about it.  It is, in fact, one of the reasons we've considered getting rid of Xoops altogether.

Ah, I must have missed that too, thanks for clearing that up.

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 10:04:06 PM »

Wayne wrote:
I made a few changes today, which would have either completely broken everything, or might have actually fixed the problem.  Might not have even changed anything.  Only the shadow knows.

Cool. Looks like it's working, thanks  :-)