Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore USA  (Read 17885 times)

Description:

Offline persia

• Show all replies
Re: Commodore USA
« on: September 14, 2010, 06:59:07 PM »
AMIGA.ORG is the anti-target group, they don't want to sell any products, real or imaginary, to us.  Barry's pissed at all of us because we exposed his phoney resume...

Quote from: runequester;579321
so either amiga.org is totally not the target group or we dictate corporate policy ?

Somewhat tangentially, do we have any communication from any AROS developers ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:01:12 PM »
Barry's been living off inherited money for most of his life, why he bothered with fictitious companies and non-existent products I don't know, but I'm hoping that Big Ben Aussie is real and will lead the Homecraft Furniture/Commodore USA to good things.

I'm not really interested in faux-retro or rebranded failed products, give me an C= branded Android tablet or a 12 core behemoth in a box and I might be interested.  

Just like birds appeared when dinosaurs were disappearing, laptops appeared when computers in a keyboard thingies disappeared....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 03:25:49 PM »
Hyperion have an exclusive license to the name AmigaOS, Amiga Inc own the name, but essentially have given up the right to actually use it.  The Amiga name belongs to Amiga Inc and they have given an exclusive license to use it to CommodoreUSA, so essentially Amiga Inc cannot produce an operating system or a computer.  But since they never actually produced either of these in the past, it shouldn't be a problem....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]