Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help needed for the SUM 1200 keyboard interface  (Read 613 times)

Description:

Offline danbeaverTopic starter

Help needed for the SUM 1200 keyboard interface
« on: August 31, 2022, 06:20:41 PM »
I bought 2 of these (by https://retro.7-bit.pl/) to use external USB keyboards with case-based 1200s and none of the 6 keyboards I have tested work (4 are made by Rii -- mechanical Blue switches, one is an unbranded from the CheckMate A1500 website, and one is an old Dell).

None work, even after flashing the only firmware update on the retro.7-bit.pl web site.

The company has no listed working keyboards, nor will provide me with any such list; they say the keyboards I am using draw too much power (?).

Does anyone have a working keyboard connected to a SUM 1200 device they can suggest?

Offline JuMa

• Show only replies by JuMa
Re: Help needed for the SUM 1200 keyboard interface
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 11:26:43 AM »
I have some cheap wireless logitech that works fire. Can't remember exact model. K2 something..

Offline Bladejack

• Show only replies by Bladejack
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 03:19:15 PM »
Not much help to you but the unbranded mechanical Keyboard from Checkmate I got works fine in my 1200 Checkmate build, I use the 1200 keyboard in the conversion case sold by them all the time though, I didnt like the none amiga buttons. There was something about selecting the mode of the SUM though, if I find it I will update my post
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 03:20:07 PM by Bladejack »

Offline OldAmigan

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 01:41:49 PM »
I've got a SUM 1200, with which I use an old Viglen-0325 keyboard. I think the old Amigakit-branded AmigaOne keyboard works, too.

The thing with these keyboards is that they don't have any extra multimedia keys, they are just basic 105-key cheapo PC keyboards.

When I first fitted the SUM, I had problems and had to ensure that it was very firmly pushed down onto the keyboard controller chip