Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: format PC floppy to use on Amiga?  (Read 16426 times)

Description:

Offline Fud

• Show all replies
Re: format PC floppy to use on Amiga?
« on: April 25, 2012, 12:20:17 AM »
Quote from: sim085;689770
Hello, I have a few new PC floppy disks which work fine on PC. I would like to format these in such a way that I can use them as Amiga floppy disks (not to transfer files between PC and Amiga, but to use them as if Amiga floppy disks).

I had a similar thread in the past but what was suggested then is not working. I have Windows7. I insert the floppy disk and then from command promt I enter the following command:

FORMAT A: /T:80 /N:9

However I get the following output

H:\>FORMAT A: /T:80 /N:9
Insert new disk for drive A:
and press ENTER when ready...
The type of the file system is RAW.
The new file system is FAT.
Formatting 720K
Invalid media or Track 0 bad - disk unusable.

Does anyone know if I can format a PC disk to use it as an Amiga disk? or this is not possible?
Back in 2002 I purchased a A3000D 1.76 HD floppy drive off of ebay for $40 s/h included for my A1200D works great just sits a little higher then the 880K drive. Get an 1.76 drive as I did, format your pc floppies and put them in your Amiga as CrossDos will read them up to XP Pro it's cheaper route to take. I just copy Aminet files to the pc disk then copy them to my Amiga. My A1200 just got operational thanks to Amigakit's 300w p/s w/the optional cabling. The A1200 has GVP1230/33 4mb, 3.1 and CrossDos 7 Gold installed.