Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Where is everybody?  (Read 11226 times)

Description:

Offline spudmiga

• A chip off the old block
    • Show all replies
Re: Where is everybody?
« on: October 02, 2019, 11:16:25 PM »
I think the site being offline for a long time and the long delays in activating new users did not help. I was waiting for over one year.
I tend to prefer forums for discussing certain things and it is important nobody lets Facebook swallow the Internet!  and that there continues to be life online away from social media.
Not to mention of course, I don't think Facebook works on some Amiga browsers ;-) whereas I used to be able to quite happily get by here and similar sites with my A1200 and iBrowse (though crude in speed and appearance!).

As a user on and off here since 2002 I have seen the place change quite a lot from the days of Wayne, DoomMaster, red vs blue wars, the endless progress updates from Amiga Inc without any product, the long period where Amigaone owners could only run Linux on their buggy motherboards and the resurgence of the classic market with Amigakit, Individual computers and so on.

It has not always been pleasant and there were some horrible flamewars in the early 2000s with the last bits of faith disintegrating of Amiga coming back as a commercially successful platform and people raging about what direction it should go next, but on the whole it has always been informative and interesting place for Amiga related news and discussion.

Spud  8)
Founder of NWAG - North West Amiga Group (UK)

Night Operations

A1200, ACA 1233/50Mhz, 130Mb + 4Gb CF + OS 3.2
A500 Plus, 2Mb, OS 2.05