Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Since this site is pretty much stagnate  (Read 5016 times)

Description:

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: Since this site is pretty much stagnate
« on: June 14, 2019, 07:03:38 PM »
@smf

I'm sure no one is missing the cry babies so they won't be missed anyway

Are you an adult with anything to contribute?  It seems not based on the above.  I'll go ahead and ask the same questions that got me banned for 5 months last year.  Where is the promised SMP for OS4?  Where is the 64-bit addressing? Where is the office productivity suite?  Where is the modern browser?  These were all promised as far back as 2007.  If OS4 were an open source OS with no funding and being developed by enthusiasts at no cost, I could understand the lack of progress, but it's ridiculous to wait 12 years for promised features for an OS that costs more than Windows.  Why haven't there been any progress reports from Hyperion about the promised features?  Oh, that's right.  They're too busy litigating to be bothered with any development or fulfilling any commitments to their customers.
Wonder what the landscape would look like if the operating system had been open sourced when Commodore went bankrupt.  Then we could have had Cloanto, Hyperion, MorphOS and Aros all be collaborating on the code instead of trying to fork off their own thing and causing competition within the same software library.  You don't see that in any other operating system.  It'd be like if Windows 7, 8 and 10 were all made by different companies, and were allowed to only use their respective versions of directX and some only being allowed on specific CPUs. 
Sadly, I'm a sucker for it and bought a PPC macbook for MorpOS, and have on the way the hardware that will allow me (hopefully) to get a working OS4 Classic set up.

But back on topic, I wonder how much of it is that people don't know Amiga.org is back up?  I didn't.  I read when they were down, joined the Disgracebook (I'm stealing that, it's great) group, and it's okay, but I don't think anyone announced that amiga.org was back up.
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.