Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is it me, or do you find booting a game from disk much more 'romantic' than WHDload  (Read 6226 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Nah... methinks you must be a bamstick or sumthink... :D

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Listening to all them clicks and the heads grinding back and forward on some custom loader disks, disk swaps (bloody awful on games with 8 or 10 disks) then the old crash or lock up at the end as the disk failed to load (why did they never fail at the start of the load !!!) then nah... i aint used floppies for well over a decade now (other than converting them to WHDLoad or HD) and can honestly say it's one thing I DON'T miss on me Amigas... :)

It's the same with my C64s, tapes... nah... wait 15 minutes for a game to load only for the tape to continue going and a blank screen or a blinking curser with "LOAD ERROR: flashing away at you. For C64s everything is loaded in a few seconds from my MMC64 SD card adapter... :)

Yer awe nutcases if you still use floppies or masochists or you might be too miserable to buy an HD, me wonders... ;)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Quote from: desiv;656224
Yes...
And your point is??  :roflmao:

desiv

There is no point (as usual) I just like stating the bleedin obvious for no apparent reason (it's a bad habit of mine)... ;)

I like ddniUK's idea though... but could it also have random errors and crashes thrown in just to make it real authentic... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Quote from: nikodr;656232
We are human beings,we will only live for 75-80 some 90 or 100 years,since the time we had to load games through tape is long gone,and since we can use our time much better to do something more productive (you can load a game in 2 seconds and use the 5 minutes,to do something worthwhile),there is no need to play kings quest 5 on an amiga that can have harddrive and much ram from 2 floppies disk drives,and swap disks till devil comes and takes over amiga.inc.

I believe whdload solved many of our problems,to load one game that loads fasts and has no need to load again everytime you lose,or play larry 1 or some old games is good,but all decent and recent games on amiga,would not work from floppy well,they didnt on the 90ies why would we want that now?

Wow... where do you live in some parts of Glasgow the average age of death for men is 56, Pollockshaws I think the area was, confirmed by WHO (World Health Organisation) just a few years ago... :(

Where I live if you make it to your 70's you are regarded as one of the ancient ones who must have been around since the dawn of time, the average age of death in my town Livingston is 66... :eek:

Gawd I'm 47 so I aint to much time left awaiting the NatAmi's arrival... :(

Think it's time to spend me life savings on something else while I've still got the chance... ;)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Quote from: nikodr;656234
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Life_Expectancy_2011_Estimates_CIA_World_Factbook.png

In greece and it is actualy from 77.5 to 80.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy

But i think no need to worry,if you exercise dont drink dont smoke and sleep early and have good doctors and with no disk swapping to lose your patience you can easily outperform those expectancy figures :)

That wiki page is waaaaaay off the mark as far as Scotland goes... 80+ my aunties behind... :rolleyes:

I'll bet they got their numbers from the south of England to come up with that... ;)

Most folk I know (or did know rather) kick the bucket at around 56 to 58 if they were heavy drinkers and about 66 to 68 if they didn't drink and retired aged 65... :)

According to my doctors I should have been dead a looooong time ago but I hang around just to prove them wrong... :)

I don't drink but I do smoke at least 40 a day, never exercise, live on a typical Scottish healthy diet of super greasy soaked food, fish & chips, deep fried pizzas & mars bars, curries (Vindalloo) and pleny of sweets, crisps and fizzy juice... and I'm consistent 9 Stone 12 pounds... :)

The lack of exercise can be attributed mainly to WHDLoad & the SD card thingy for my C64... Simple reason being they load so quickly that I don't have the time to reach for a packet of fags to have smoke while waiting for stuff to load... :)

WHDLoad should carry a government health warning... :)

PS: I once saw a vegetable... at least I think it was a vegetable, could a have been a wee green alien instead... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Quote from: magnetic;656282
And you behave the way you do? How embarassing.

To thread.. yeah floppies are cool, and I think we all love the sounds they make :) HOwever WHDLoad is awesome though I have lost a couple of saved games due to whdload somewhow corrupting them!

Hi Pathetic... :)

I aint embarrassed about nothing, so if your embarrassed on my behalf then you're just the soft little turd I always thought you were and still as thick as sh!te... ;)

Now bugger off and go play in the traffic... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Quote from: magnetic;656291
Duce

Thanks for being so nice. I dont go off on anyone except Franko here. You see, he threatened my physically and he also lies all the time, which I cant stomach. Anyway.. we are OT

One thing cool about amiga Forever is the Floppy drive click emulation :)

You sad little moron, still playing the victim and telling lies as usual... :rolleyes:

Kinda selective memory you have when you fail to tell everyone who didn't read that thread, that it was you who threatened me first (which can easily be verified by others who did read it)... :rolleyes:

I know others can't be bothered with you popping in out of the blue every now and then and ALWAYS having a pop at me but to be honest I really don't mind, as it just shows you up for the real idiot that you are... ;)

Carry on with your incredibly sad little vendetta against me as I get a good laugh out of it answering you in kind... :)

Just like your sad little campaign of sending PM's a while back to other members asking them to send messages to the mods & owners to ban me failed your ongoing attacks just like yourself are failing miserably as well... ;)

So carry on with you're pathetic little comments and rants but be assured of one thing, each one will be answered in kind... ;)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Quote from: nikodr;656294
Also life expectancy Franko is something that you can easily prolong if you have a good and active sexual life ,after all that is what is Amiga=girlfriend.Maybe having multiple amigas makes one man's life more energetic :P

Nah... once a fortnight is more than enough for me these days, ta very much... ;)

But if an active sex life helps to prolong life then I dread to think when you see some of those old monks who have lived in a monastery all their lives and are 80 or 90 odd years old, well I hate to think what "active sexual life" they've been having to live to such a ripe old age... ;)

Me... I'd rather have a nice cup of cocoa and read a good book these days... now where's me pipe and slippers... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Quote from: Karlos;656337
@Magnetic and Franko

Add each other to your respective Ignore lists and if that doesn't cut it, use Piru's JS filter. Seriously, I'm sick of reading this ongoing bollocks from the pair of you.

Consider this a moderation request.

Consider it what you want, the fact is (as usual) I never even said anything obout this ****, he (as usual) just popped in and started once again with his comments.

So if you've got a problem then I ask you to take it up with him as if every time he posts here and says something about me he shall be replied to in kind.

So don't give me the old "I don't care who started it or who said what" line. If someone says something about me for no damn good reason then they can expect a reply back.

Now if you do your moderators job fairly (and even a blind man can see who start this bollocks) then you will have a word with him and not drag me into this petty crap. thank you... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Quote from: smerf;656358
If you are awaiting on NatAmi, the person working on it knows you, he is bidding his time, takin it slow, just to make you suffer. The day he reads your obituary, he will bring it out in the honor of your death, hahaha, life is so cruel, the only crueler thing would be to set up a Natami on your grave and have all the Amiga.org people use it in honor of you.

Hi Smerf... :)

Now that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, it all one big conspiracy you know, their all out to get me (especially the mods, nasty humourless gits)... :(

Anywhoo, if they really wanna use it on me grave they are more than welcome, cos I intend to be buried at sea and hopefully the buggers can't swim... :)

Cheers

Franko

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Ooops... I posted this in the wrong thread... :o
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:54:06 PM by Franko »