Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Recent site performance issues  (Read 6901 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show all replies
Re: Recent site performance issues
« on: July 10, 2011, 09:40:01 PM »
Quote from: Lando;648971
There are some other weird things happening with the site.  When I was reading this thread, I happened to look up at the top of the page and it said "Welcome, Transition, you last logged in today at 5:16 AM".

I am not Transition, I am Lando.  I logged out and logged back in as me, how did I ever get logged in as Transition?

Yeah, I'm logged in.  On the front page for this thread is says " Pyromania" is the last person to comment in this thread.  I've checked it a few times before posting this and Lando is the last person to post in the thread.

So did "Pyromania" actually post in the thread and I can't see it even though I am logged in (for a while and several refreshes) or does the system think Lando was Pyromania?

EDIT:  

Ok, now after submitting my post I see the Goose and  Pyromania had both posted.  I couldn't see either post even after opening up another refreshing a couple times to see if it was an error and then trying another browser window and refreshing.  Weird.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 09:43:18 PM by AmigaHeretic »
A3000D (16mhz, 2MB Chip, 4MB Fast, SCSI (300+MB), SuperGen Genlock, Kick 3.1)
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show all replies
Re: Supporting a member
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 07:03:29 AM »
I know you guys are working hard on getting things working, so this is not to complain but just an update.

Last 48 hours seems like the site is super slow.  I get two different message when it times out now.  One that is still looks like the Amiga.org site and says the server times out, the other one that somes times comes up is all white and has the vBulletin logo in the top left and says the database timed out.
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 06:37:18 PM »
Quote from: Franko;649828
Wow... looks like Karlos has abandoned ship... :eek:

Posted a few moments ago on Wayne's site by Karlos...

You're such a -=Moderated=- Franko.  He said no such thing.  All I see is a post about all the work he's done.  Looks like he just took a breather for a minute.  Sometimes we get really deep into something.  Looks like he sees the best decision is not software patches and repairs, but hardware.  

We all need a break sometimes.  

Stop being a -=Moderated=- troll sometimes.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 12:08:45 AM by Argo »

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 06:52:47 PM »
Quote from: Franko;649819

Thought at first it was a sneak attack on me rectum again, so I sharpened up me nipples and put on me little black bra ready to launch and all out tickling dick attack... :madashell:

Luckily I read these posts first and it was a false alarm (stand down , Humprey, Albert, Jimmy and the rest of the SNP (that's Squirrel Ninja Platoon))... :)

Seems everything is fine... phew... ;)

:roflmao:

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 06:55:32 PM »
Quote from: Franko;649849
God I need a life. I'm such a dunderheid, I'm sorry I'm a bad idiot... :rolleyes:

Gawd...I'm a dickhead that really needs to take a bloody long hard look in a mirror and see what an utter bawbags I am, bloody a-hole go bile yer heid...

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 07:05:08 PM »
Quote from: Franko;649852
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... so they say but in my case it's more of Imitation is just a sad wee nebbit faced jobbie who can't come up with anything original even after I tried rubbing my two brain cells together... :roflmao:

PS: at least this last proves I do not have the slight sense of humour and I'm a total fandan... ;)

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 07:15:56 PM »
Quote from: Franko;649854

Even when it's harder, I have a small wee wee, oh man, also, I am a turd burglar... :)