Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Inc note to dealers  (Read 11801 times)

Description:

Offline Gelb

• Show only replies by Gelb
    • http://amigazeux.net
Re: Amiga Inc note to dealers
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 05:57:27 AM »
"While we don't normally print e-mails, this was sent via the Press mailing list, so one can only presume it was intended for public dissemination."

It never occured to you that this may have been posted to some "press mailing list" by mistake while it could have been meant for the top secret "dealer mailing list" and obviously you haven't   dared to ask mcbill if that's the case...

First the public vote on 20 q's with mcbill nobody wanted and now this poor, sad and cheap stuff that is so obviously made up it's unbelievable (how stupid do you think the remaining Amiga Users are? :-))

If AInc just needs publicity or has to ask weirdo questions in public then why not just be so honest and do just this without the crazy back story nobody wants to know about.

Offline krashan

• Hardware designer and programmer
    • Show only replies by krashan
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 06:16:48 AM »
This strange request of invoices and advertising materials is caused by "city of Kent affair". As we all know Amiga Inc. signed an multimillion dollar agreement for naming of an Event Center (yet to be built) in Kent. Then it turned out that Kent officials have no knowledge about Amiga Inc. business history (read the story). It seems that they decided to verify their business partner track records. Then Amiga Inc. is in a desperate need of proofs, that they are a reasonable and healthy copmany selling products and generating any profit.

Offline CodeSmith

• Show only replies by CodeSmith
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 06:26:52 AM »
Really?  if that's the case then the Kent city officials are literally looking a gift horse in the mouth.  Asking for ten year old financial records from a company that's offering to give you hundreds of thousands of $$$ doesn't sound too smart to me.

Offline krashan

• Hardware designer and programmer
    • Show only replies by krashan
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 06:41:41 AM »
@CodeSmith

It is not that Kent gets something for free. The Event Center is yet to be built and funds need to be secured for it. If you sign an agreement about sponsoring, you want to know, if you really get the money, because you may not be able to finish the building otherwise. Also note that this event center is in large part financed by the city of Kent and state government. Then having someone using debatable business practices as one of main sponsors may harm the whole thing.

Offline CodeSmith

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 06:47:51 AM »
@Krashan

I guess it could be that, although I would imagine all this would have been sorted out before the agreement was signed.  My theory is that they're trying to track down all those A1200s that got sold from under them at way below cost.  I remember Bill McEwen at some Amiga show saying something like "we know who you are and we're coming to get you", but nothing happened.  Maybe they didn't have proof back then, and now that they have the money they've decided to pursue the guilty parties?

Offline Manu

• Show only replies by Manu
    • http://www.cartoonspace.net
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 07:20:16 AM »
@Krashan

I remember Bill McEwen at some Amiga show saying something like "we know who you are and we're coming to get you", but nothing happened. Maybe they didn't have proof back then, and now that they have the money they've decided to pursue the guilty parties?

WTF was that all about, I don't remember I heard about that, where can I read up on this.Is it on the Amiga History site ?
AmigaOS or MorphOS on x86 would sell orders of magnitude more than the current, hardware-intensive solutions. And they\\\'d go faster. --D.Haynie

Offline Plaz

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 07:24:33 AM »
There's something very, very fishy about that request.

Krashan's assesment seems very insightful.

Another less likely possibility... an investor wanting to see some sales numbers before chipping in for the manufacturing of a large quantity of boards? No need buying 25,000 system if they're going to sit on a shelf. I'm not sure how 10 year old sales data would be alot of help today though.

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2007, 07:32:45 AM »
without the crazy back story nobody wants to know about.

That would suck all the entertainment value right out of it for me.  :-)

Plaz

Offline hooligan

• Show only replies by hooligan
    • http://www.mikseri.net/hooligan
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2007, 07:39:38 AM »
Thats pretty funny. Going after Petro who was the only one actually managed to do something for Amiga.  What Bill should do is stick his head back to his arse and continue as these past weeks never happened :-)

Offline CodeSmith

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2007, 07:53:21 AM »
@Manu

Ah, found it.  It was in Amiwest 2002, the transcript is here (post #65) http://www.ann.lu/comments2.cgi?view=1061210784&category=forum&start=51

"We have a situation creating an Amiga museum, with a lot of hardware that was ours that we owned that was in Germany. We went to go get it. The warehouse was empty. Pallets and pallets of our product had been stolen. Now, we know who has it, we're not gonna... that's... we're not here to point fingers or names or let people know, we even know where it is."

Offline CodeSmith

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2007, 08:16:34 AM »
@hooligan

I don't see anyone accusing Petro.  But the people who were doing business with Petro would be the best place to start looking, since they would have been the biggest Amiga dealers of the day and so the best place to find a "fence".

Offline hooligan

• Show only replies by hooligan
    • http://www.mikseri.net/hooligan
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2007, 08:21:24 AM »
@Codesmith

To me it feels like they are trying to dig what was going on back then, Petros activies. Wouldnt it be great if the conners got conned :-)

Offline ikir

• Show only replies by ikir
    • http://www.ikirsector.it
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2007, 08:25:43 AM »
@B00tDisk

My A1 is the fastest and more stable Amiga i ever had.

Offline CodeSmith

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2007, 08:39:22 AM »
@hooligan

Ahh, whatever.  I'm too old for this daytime drama sh*t. All I care about is what gets announced on Monday :-)

Offline Fransexy_

• Show only replies by Fransexy_
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2007, 08:43:34 AM »
According to the mail itself, it´s secret information and posting it here are illegal (unless you got permission from Amiga inc later)
DON\'T TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUSLY AFTER ALL NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE OF IT

Offline AF

• Show only replies by AF
    • http://www.amigaflame.com
« Reply #29 from previous page: April 28, 2007, 09:26:01 AM »
If it has been sent to the press then it is inevitable that the details would be posted.  It doesn't do Amiga Inc any harm, the rather neglected group of Amiga dealers should now be aware that hardware could be coming from Amiga Inc (or their partners).  Clearly, dealers not on their mailing list should contact Amiga Inc.

AF