Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Auction List Posted  (Read 11699 times)

Description:

Offline downix

• Show all replies
    • http://www.applemonthly.com
Re: Auction List Posted
« on: June 04, 2003, 03:24:34 PM »
You know, for "used junk" I'm seeing some pretty penny items in there.  All in all, we're talking over $15k worth of material.  

This also shows the incredible waste of AInc.  They bought the priciest pieces of equiptment possible.  They were a start-up, what the heck are they doing with NORTEL and Cisco stuff?  That's the stuff you see either in high-end setups for big offices where the workload demands it or in internet-oriented mission-critical situations.  Unless AInc was secretly plotting to create their own ISP, these pieces were overpriced overkill!

No wonder they went out of business, they spent it on machines and equiptment that were unnecessary, on more office space than needed, bought fancy toys and irrelevent pieces of material, and generally burned through their cash faster than I can imagine.
Try blazedmongers new Free Universal Computer kit, available with the GUI toolkit Your Own Universe, the popular IT edition, Extremely Reliable System for embedded work, Enhanced Database development and Wide Area Development system for telecommuting.

Offline downix

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2003, 03:57:38 AM »
@George

While AInc's not bankrupt, they did get kicked out of their offices and all of their business equiptment is now being auctioned off by their old landlords for back-rent.  Oh, and they stopped paying their employees, cut off the employees insurance plan, and are in generally poor shape.

However, as AInc had nothing to do with the OS, this doesn't do much other than entertain the more morbid among us.
Try blazedmongers new Free Universal Computer kit, available with the GUI toolkit Your Own Universe, the popular IT edition, Extremely Reliable System for embedded work, Enhanced Database development and Wide Area Development system for telecommuting.

Offline downix

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 04:48:11 PM »
I heard a rumor that some folk from AInc are denying that the equiptment in this list is from their office.  I went through this list with a fine-tooth comb, and the concept that someone "inserted" equiptment into AInc's auction is utter moose pattys.  We have here a complete list of an office, and nothing more nor less.  The Viewtronic monitors and HP Vectras, for example, are part of the same setup, they went together.  There was a very nice web-server and LAN server setup, designed to handle up to 120 computers and w/ the bandwidth and workload to handle a huge amount of traffic.  In short, AInc was loaded and ready to rock.

But they didn't need any of this till they had a product.  They put the cart before the horse, and as a result they lost.

I wish I could say I felt sorry for them, but they did this to themselves.