Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Auction List Posted  (Read 11616 times)

Description:

Offline Ohno

• Show only replies by Ohno
Re: Amiga Auction List Posted
« Reply #179 from previous page: June 19, 2003, 07:12:51 AM »
-Edit- I find it funny that I'm being accused of twisting words when all I'm doing is clarifying (or attempting to clarify) unsubstantiated statements made in Amiga Inc. favour.

Well.. you were and you weren't  :-D
You were twisting my words and those of Gabriel and you weren't clarifying anything.
You were wrong, we told you so.

And I also didn't say you shouldn't be here to ask questions. Everyone should be able to. But you said you were sick of being told lies. Well.. public forums are full of 'm.

You say you won't support a company that won't give a straight answer to a simple question? That's fine. Everyone has to decide what they want to do and who they want to support and which products (if any) they are going to purchase. It's just a problem when people extract wrong information from what was said and spread those rumours. (Note: Not just rumours about Amiga Inc. I've seen the same things happening to MOS/Pegasos as well. I just don't step in there myself, because I don't know much about it and don't have any facts and I think it's wisest to not talk about it at all then- no use in starting flamewars, FUD and rumours).

Offline ghauber

• Show only replies by ghauber
    • http://www.gabrielhauber.com
Re: Auction List Posted
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2003, 07:35:41 AM »
@bloodline

First, you said this:

May I interpret this to mean that Amiga Inc. have made no concrete business deals and have had no concrete business strategy for just over a year?

And then, after I pointed out the publically known MS deal, you said this:

Deal with M$, big deal (excuse the pun)... Amiga Acting as a middle man for Tao.. how much have they shipped then? No don't worry, I will state this is personal oppinion and not fact... happy?

Such a response says to me that you really are not interested in the facts.  You can't jump up and down about some "problem" as if it was something significant, and then when it is pointed out that you are incorrect about the "problem" then say that you really don't care anyway, *then* you deflect to another "problem" (stating that Amiga is just "a middleman for Tao") and expect people to take your questions seriously in the future.

Offline ghauber

« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2003, 07:48:02 AM »
@Tigger,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I'm curious about the following:

I am continually amazed by people posting this, Bill McEwen went to Amiwest last year, after being locked out of his offices, after not paying his employees, and told everyone that everything was just great at Amiga Inc, that the rumors about lockouts, layoffs and debts were all drivel spread by anti amigans. Months after the lockout Fleecy was still saying it didnt happen, and that it was all a lie spread by H&P (remember before Genesei was the great Evil spreading lies, that position was held by H&P

Would you be able to provide the following to back up your claims and interpretation?  1. A timeline of when the lockout happened and when the various comments you referring to were made? 2. Exact quotes of the comments made, and/or links to where those comments were made?

Doesnt it bother you that the great T-Shirt/Coupon scam didnt exist until they lost their office??

Personally, I don't think that the Club Amiga thing was handled very well, seems like they acted on impulse and hadn't really thought it out thoroughly before posting it to the world. However, I do not think it had anything to do with being locked out of their offices, and I certainly don't believe it was meant to be a scam. I am quite sure that the Club Amiga thing is a serious, ongoing committment by Amiga, and people *will* (eventually) see their T-shirts.  If they *did* do it on order to pay the landlord, then why didn't they pay the landlord and be done with it, or was their debt larger than the estimated $65K that came from the coupon thing?

Regarding your other points, they are interesting, but not as interesting as what I've discussed above. I'm mostly interested in the links/timeline/quotes/etc needed to back up your claims regarding the "lying" that you claim people like Fleecy et al engaged in.

Thanks,

Gabriel

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2003, 11:39:21 AM »
You were wrong, we told you so.

Ok, I'm wrong.  Now tell me what they have been up to behind the scenes so You can relly make me look like an idiot.

I have no problem with looking like an idiot, I do it all the time.

Offline Ohno

• Show only replies by Ohno
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2003, 12:13:53 PM »
Ok, I'm wrong. Now tell me what they have been up to behind the scenes so You can relly make me look like an idiot.

Since you are replying to me I'll just quote my earlier remark here, since it is hard to find anything back in all this text (well over 180 replies already)  :-o

I personally don't know what Amiga Inc. is doing behind the scenes of AOS4 and I never bothered to ask. Gabriel probably did.

I only know some of the stuff that's going on behind the scenes with regard to Amiga-Anywhere. But since I'm under NDA I cannot tell you very much. I can tell you Amiga Inc. has released a lot of addons to intent and are really actively working on it. Examples of this kind of addons they created that were already publically mentioned are things like their Amiga-Anywhere environment itself, the packager to package your application and data up into .ami-files, ami2d (which gives us things like sprites, scaling, rotating, indexed bitmaps and lots more), amidb, a full datatype system, including working datatypes for images and movies.

People saying intent has nothing to do with the classic Amiga are mostly right in my opinion. Amiga Inc. is making it more Amiga-like though and they are doing a very good job at it.

Offline olegil

• Show only replies by olegil
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2003, 04:19:54 PM »
@Waccoon:
Let's just agree to disagree. I don't read it that way. It clearly says "some items in the main list have been included in the sale from other parties", and to me that means there's things in there that doesn't come from Amiga Inc.

It's referring to the main list, because these are items NOT listed by the "The following items were identified by Amiga employees as being vendor owned and wereonly used as "loaners"" list. If you get my drift.

Offline Tigger

• Show only replies by Tigger
« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2003, 10:41:08 PM »

Would you be able to provide the following to back up your claims and interpretation? 1. A timeline of when the lockout happened and when the various comments you referring to were made? 2. Exact quotes of the comments made, and/or links to where those comments were made?

A small part of the master timeline:

June 6,   2002 - The Lockout
June 23, 2002 - Buy a coupon get a T-Shirt, get a chance at winning a free Amiga One (See Executive Update)
July 1, 2002 - CAM Scam begins (see the updated Executive Update)
July 27-28 - Amiwest 2002 - The threats, the giveaways, the promises, listen to the Audio, read the transcript, its pretty fascinating
Oct 2002 - The phones, in a thread even you were involved in Gabriel, we are told the phone situation is a non issue as is the offices, its all made up.  Heres just one of the threads:

Amiga Inc Phones Gone

Dont you find it interesting that 8 months after this thread started, the same people are still saying they know from their secret lists, that this is all a non-issue???   Why do the people on the secret lists not know about the phones going away, the office going away, the auction, the lawsuits, etc before those of us not on the list, yet believe the "secret" reasons this stuff happens that they are not allowed to share thats posted after it becomes public knowledge the event occurred.    Just FYI, I'm willing to wager that I post about the Amiga Inc bankruptcy before the secret list tells you it happens, they will have a reason for that, they'll say its a legal issue or something (not true) but the info will be on ann, amiga.org and moobunny before its shows on your NDA list.   Something a professionally run company would not do.
     -Tig
Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show

Offline ghauber

« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2003, 08:06:22 AM »
@Tigger,

Thanks.  Looking into it a bit more. Didn't see anything in the thread you linked or the other thread where I posted, where Amiga gave any reply to the lock-out "rumours" (which turned out to be fact).

Haven't yet had a chance to listen to the Amiwest speeches or read the transcript. I also forget where they are - could you provide a link?

Regarding my own post in the above-mentioned thread, did you read what I wrote? Never did I say that it was all lies. All I said is that regardless of what the truth of the matter was, Amiga was (and still is, btw) in business, and that is (to me) the important thing.

Offline Tigger

• Show only replies by Tigger
« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2003, 04:52:06 PM »

@Tigger,

Thanks. Looking into it a bit more. Didn't see anything in the thread you linked or the other thread where I posted, where Amiga gave any reply to the lock-out "rumours" (which turned out to be fact).

There are several threads on the subject there, though frankly they talk about it on the Amiwest stuff as well.

Haven't yet had a chance to listen to the Amiwest speeches or read the transcript. I also forget where they are - could you provide a link?

Sure

Amiwest Transcripts

Or use Google and find an alternate site.
      -Tig
Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show