Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DKB 2632 won't start in OS 3.9  (Read 4526 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_H

Re: DKB 2632 won't start in OS 3.9
« on: October 09, 2021, 05:37:29 PM »
The 2632 tool's "Resident Module" code doesn't like OS3.x. It was developed for OS2.x and DKB never released an update for this.

The work around is to use 2632 -r (which skips the resident module code install).

I don't know about the filesystem and SCSI2SD issues, but they are likely unrelated to the resident module issue.  ;)   

Wow, thanks for your research on this. I abandoned trying to get my 2632 to work years ago... I wonder if this was the problem?

Apparently this is one of those rare pieces of software that works on 2.x but not 3.x!

Offline Matt_H

Re: DKB 2632 won't start in OS 3.9
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 06:57:19 PM »
Except that I've already applied both BoingBag 1 and 2, as per someone's previous suggestion.  Is there a way to undo those?

You can either:
a. Go to Devs: and rename "AmigaOS-ROMUpdate" (or whatever the file is called) to, e.g., "AmigaOS-ROMUpdate.off"
b. Edit your startup-sequence. Find the line with the SetPatch command and add the argument "NOROMUPDATE"

I recommend b. Ultimately, later, you'll want to narrow down which particular module is causing problems and skip that module while keeping the other ones. That's all done with SetPatch arguments, so it's good to keep the ROMUpdate file in Devs: as-is.