Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tecmar T-disk / T-connect / T-card Amiga 1000 peripherals  (Read 320 times)

Description:

Offline mark_kTopic starter

• Show only replies by mark_k
Tecmar T-disk / T-connect / T-card Amiga 1000 peripherals
« on: June 03, 2015, 12:45:44 PM »
Hi,

Does anyone have a Tecmar T-disk hard disk for the A1000? It connects to a T-connect or T-card unit that plugs into the A1000 expansion port.

I'd like to see pictures of the chips/boards inside the T-connect / T-card and T-disk units. I'm reverse-engineering the Tecmar software to figure out how the hardware works, in the hope that emulation of it can be added to a future version of WinUAE. Being able to see which chips are used will help with that. For example, I could see which type of clock chip it uses.

[This is all mainly of interest for historical purposes. The Tecmar hardware seems to use a sort-of embryonic version of the final Amiga expansion specification, and was the first Amiga hard drive. Quite an achievement, since back then with Kickstart 1.1 there was no expansion.library or C:Mount command.]

Offline danbeaver

Re: Tecmar T-disk / T-connect / T-card Amiga 1000 peripherals
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 09:04:54 PM »
Tecmar defined Vaporware in the Amiga community with the first edition of Amiga World magazine.  After many, many months of empty advertising promises they released expensive and badly designed products.  Most folks would not touch their crap with a 10 foot pole.

Offline Vlabguy1

• Show only replies by Vlabguy1
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 12:36:15 PM »
I wanted the Tecmar stuff as well. Looked really cool.  Someone  must have the stuff :)

Rich

Offline kneehighspy

• Show only replies by kneehighspy
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 12:36:56 AM »
i know this is an old thread, but i just came across a tecmar tcard and tdisk.  can't get the 1000 to see it at all. there is a power adapter that comes with it, one end goes into the tdisk, other into wall outlet.

there is an odd, 3.5mm outlet on the power supply that is giving out five volts.  so i don't know if the original tcard came with the cable to go from the power supply to the tcard or what.

i am thinking of taking apart the tcard and see if that is a 5vlt input on it, maybe hookup 5vlt to it and see if the 1000 will see the tcard then.

just thought i would revive an old thread with some new info.

//kneehighspy