Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New book on classic Amiga programming  (Read 12147 times)

Description:

Offline TribbleSmasher

Re: New book on classic Amiga programming
« on: June 17, 2020, 08:16:50 PM »
My copy was printed in Poland and shows no signs of bad quality, besides being a paperback. The paper is white and it is good to read. The only thing i dislike are some special opcode examples in the assembler section that supposed to be in some sort of colour but instead they appear in lightgrey (on white paper). ::)
Already mentioned is the scope of the book which can never be a RKRM replacement; it is an introduction with a wide variety of topics which will never fully addressed. It is informative, IMHO. You certainly don't really need it, with all the online resources and RKRMs in PDF format, but it is a nice to have as it is a new book.

I bought it just because I want anyone putting in effort to make new Amiga content be rewarded. It's fine as an overview of programming on the Amiga including the tools one has to use in 2020, if programming on an Amiga itself anyway. But there's nothing in it that isn't in the old OS 2 / 3 documentation so I hope at least he does a volume 2.

Also the print quality was awful with weird chemical blotches on the sandpaper it was printed on.

The following users thanked this post: Tygre

Offline TribbleSmasher

Re: New book on classic Amiga programming
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 04:46:18 PM »
Good luck. Amazon prints those books on demand close to your location. So you might get better quality by ordering more copies. ;D