Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Of Thrones  (Read 11518 times)

Description:

Offline KesaTopic starter

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Game Of Thrones
« on: January 01, 2014, 01:33:12 AM »
Am i i the only one who thinks this tv show is overrated? Everyone i know raves about how good it is and people even say it's better than LOTR's. So i got hold of the dvds and i have already watched season one and am now half way through season 2 and to be honest i think it's a little boring : /

It's not i think it's bad. There are many cool things i like about it. I like the nudity. I like the graphic violence and i think the power hungry child king wannabe is interesting. Apart from that there doesn't seem much to it.

It's a good show but i've seen better.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Re: Game Of Thrones
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 09:33:07 AM »
A prime minister/president could just as easily do the same. Maybe not offically though. Remember that humans are irrational by nature meaning that whether it is a king or not makes no difference.

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 02:14:10 AM »
Quote from: persia;756811
To be fair we have race issues as well, but with an empty centre we can just sort of lose Black people there.  America doesn't have that so they have to imprison their Blacks.  But in the end it's the same thing, we're both going to end up paying for it at some point.

Not trying to be a spoil sport here but outright racism probably won't go down well here. There are better ways of phrasing your opinions.

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 02:33:45 AM »
Looking back on this show after watching all 3 seasons i changed my mind. Now i kinda do like it. Yes they use shock tactics for plot twists but these work well. I also like how they gradually introduced the magic (except for the dragons) into the series. Only towards the end of season 3 did they start using magic as a story device which was a good idea as it gives the show a completely new direction to go in. My main criticisms are that the story is a bit weak and it's too difficult keeping up with who everyone is. Almost every episode introduces new characters so it's easy to get confused.

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 03:39:47 AM »
Quote from: persia;756830
It's sarcasm, what we do and did to Aboriginal peoples here was and is appalling, much of it is hidden by distance.  Few people have been back in the wilds of the Northern Territory to see it.  American has a similar appalling heritage, their prison system is full of Black males.  It 's a way to put a tag on them that allows discrimination.  If they have a criminal record you can refuse to hire them, refuse to rent to them and in many states take away their right to vote.  

Both countries have some bad karma that will come back to them.

Glad to hear it. Damn you misinterpretating internet!  :angryfire: