Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help: Poseidon 4.5 MUI Stack Error  (Read 4946 times)

Description:

Offline mechy

Re: Help: Poseidon 4.5 MUI Stack Error
« on: December 22, 2015, 07:56:21 PM »
Quote from: Acill;800578
When I installed Poseidon 4.5 on my A4000T with 3.9 BB1 and BB2 and MUI 3.9 I got a stack error from the MUI stack check at boot up. The first one was for Trident telling me the 8k was to low and it recommended 32400. So I went into prefs and took care of that in the icon information.

The 2nd one was for the Poseidon PopUp Notification App called (PoPO) which I have been combing through my system to find!!!! I cant locate this anywhere and I cant get my USB working and suspect its related to the warning.

Can anyone please tell me where to change the stack size for this Poseidon PoPo thing?

I thought this was part of the main stack program, its what pops up alerts. I think you can adjust it in the main program prefs,but unfortunately i cant help other than that. i had a few odd things happen with 4.5 so i dropped back to 4.4 and all is smooth.

Offline mechy

Re: Help: Poseidon 4.5 MUI Stack Error
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 03:53:31 PM »
Quote from: Acill;800658
I ended up using MinStack and setting it in my startup to 32400. Seems to have done the trick. I have USB working now as well. Although if I boot with anything in the USB ports my system will come up to workbench fine for about a half second and reboot by itself. If I take out all USB items it works fine and I can put my mouse or flash dive back in and all is well.

Strange stuff. As for MUI I need some help figuring out how to remove 3.9 so I can put in 3.8 because the 3.8 installer will tell you it has a more recent version installed.

remove all the mui assigns in s:user-startup,reboot then delete the mui drawer.
that should allow you to do a fresh 3.8 install.