Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game development project anyone?  (Read 7473 times)

Description:

Offline Magic-Merl

• Show all replies
Re: Game development project anyone?
« on: November 18, 2003, 02:27:53 PM »
I quite fancy helping.

I have programmed Amiga in the past (680x0 assembler) I have toyed with DE assembler and am   learning C at the mo.

I write music, I program I can even turn my hand to lightwave on the Pee Cee.

Let me know if I can help you.  Must admit.  This kind of game does appeal to me.

Good Luck

Offline Magic-Merl

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 08:52:41 PM »
I thought "lempkee" had become the candidate for team leader/co-ordinator.

I'll give it a go.  Any thoughts on how this should all come together?  The team leader needs to act as the pool.  To gather all the resources provided and allocate planned tasks to each member of the team whilst providing the pooled resources to each team member?

Come on - any other candidates.

Offline Magic-Merl

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 09:52:47 AM »
There are obviously alot of talented people posting to this thread - unfortunatly some of you are going to miss out because so many people are interested.

If you would like to develop your own idea's then continue posting to this thread.  There are more game idea's which could be developed - there is obviously more than enough talent for 1 team.

How about it?

Offline Magic-Merl

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 02:08:34 PM »
Age of Omega? (Joking)

The game seems very similar to Age of Empires on the Pee Cee.  Would I be right? I take it you are looking for a simple name to describe the product not something that is made up.  The Settlers descibed this genre in quite a genuine way - is this what you are looking to do?

The team - Well there is TeamOrg? Restore is a good name - restoring a system by producing quality software for it.

Vision, Qualitex, Firestone, RenderBender, RestoreDev, AmiAngels, EuroThrash, Qualifest. Just some idea's.

Roughly - what is the games premise.  What year is it - is it peace time - is it war etc etc.  What factions live  across the lands?

Offline Magic-Merl

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 04:23:19 PM »
@Restore

Have you had any interest from anyone wishing to develop a storyline.

Sounds, to me, that you need a complete world developing and playing the game involves living part of the world and fighting to rule your small part.

What do you think?

Offline Magic-Merl

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 05:42:29 PM »
@AmFreak

Not very fair.

Yes there has been inspiration gathered from other sources but the project and the concept is quite original.
By the time this software is complete - there will be additional concepts added - visually, musically and from  the development process also.
The point is - there is alot of potential in this development because it's the people verses the market (or lack of).
By the time AOS4 is realeased and a game on this scale is under development/finished. It can only attract other future users and persuade users to migrate over to AOS, thus increasing the market, attracting other developers, attracting other users etc etc.