Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tilemap support for Amiga-like OSs  (Read 2265 times)

Description:

Offline SamuraiCrowTopic starter

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
Tilemap support for Amiga-like OSs
« on: November 15, 2012, 05:34:16 PM »
This thread is here to avoid polluting Cammy's tutorial thread with off-topic stuff.

@SamuraiCrow
>Once that's done I can make another one that gets similar results using Mesa

For RTG you should better use directly CompositeTags() : just have a look to Aminet/CompositePOC = there is C code to draw a tiles based map with "sprites" on OS4

Alain Thellier

CompositeTags() isn't present on MorphOS or AROS.  I'm primarily targeting AROS at this time.  That way I can start on AmigaOS 68k and move on from there.

I was thinking of using Mesa because it exists on AmigaOS 3 so that way people with emulators could use that one patch to redirect Mesa to their host platform's OpenGL implementation and get hardware acceleration directly.

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
Re: Tilemap support for Amiga-like OSs
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 05:37:59 PM »
Quote from: SamuraiCrow;715043

I was thinking of using Mesa because it exists on AmigaOS 3 so that way people with emulators could use that one patch to redirect Mesa to their host platform's OpenGL implementation and get hardware acceleration directly.

Doesn't this kill support for non-RTG systems? :confused:
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline SamuraiCrowTopic starter

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 05:40:25 PM »
I was going to make a separate library for ECS, AGA, and RTG.  This way you just install the correct library for your system.

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 05:45:26 PM »
Quote from: SamuraiCrow;715046
I was going to make a separate library for ECS, AGA, and RTG.  This way you just install the correct library for your system.

Oh, okay! I wasn't sure at first. Not trying to bash your methods, just a bit confused. :nervous:

Well, when you're ready for tiles, let me know. ;)
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf