Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Repair - US, near Pittsburgh, PA  (Read 11138 times)

Description:

Offline StarrunnerTopic starter

• Show all replies
Amiga Repair - US, near Pittsburgh, PA
« on: August 04, 2014, 06:54:41 AM »
So I have in my possession a pile of Amiga computers.  Three A2000's, Two A1200's (One in a tower with a damaged motherboard I think), Two A4000's and some odds and ends parts.  What I would really like is to get the A1200T and one of the A4000's put into functional shape.  I was never that good with hardware, even 20 years ago.  I am looking to see if there is anyone in the US who is available to try putting something together.  Any replies welcome.  If someone is stateside, I'd gladly send them everything i got, so they could have it for parts.  And to clean off my computer desk of course.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 02:49:06 AM by Starrunner »

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga Repair - US
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 02:23:09 AM »
I keep forgetting I was vague with my location for a laugh.  You are a little bit of a haul for me, but closer than swimming the ocean.  Or snagging a rocket/shuttle/boomerang. I am out near Pittsburgh, PA

Quote from: LyleHaze;770389
@Starrunner:
You might get more replies if you offer a bit more information.
I checked to see what part of the U.S. you are in, and there was no mention of it in your original post. However beneath your avatar you claim "Somewhere on the Moon, USA" as your location.

I have traveled up to a couple hours each way to help people get their Amigas running.
Unfortunately, I'm not within two hours of the moon.

I don't think we have many members here from the Moon. (though after reading some threads I COULD be wrong). That might be one issue that reduces the replies you'll get.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 02:25:04 AM »
This is an excellent thought, but sadly I have no time to hike that way.  I live out near Pittsburgh.  I am going to have to remember this for the future.

Quote from: amigadave;770378
With AmiWest 2014 only a little more than 2 months away, I would strongly suggest that you test your Amigas now and then bring any of them that need work to the Friday Night Classic Amiga Workshop event that precedes every AmiWest Show.  Several members show up and offer to help fix Classic Amiga computers for free and it is a great opportunity to meet new people who share your interest and passion for the Amiga.

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 02:30:20 AM »
As pointed out, I should have said where I am.  I am East Coast US, near Pittsburgh, PA.  I know hunting down someone close is going to be impossible, but anything helps.  Thanks to everyone who did reply.