Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Config files for WinUAE  (Read 5779 times)

Description:

Config files for WinUAE
« on: October 20, 2002, 02:41:06 PM »
I remember seeing something on the forums a while back about some sort of 'perfect' config file etc for WinUAE.  ummm....  can't remember what it was called...

Can anyone help?

Also....  I have Amiga Forever 4.0, but when I use the config files from thet (the ones that are already set up nice and prettily) on the latest version of WinUAE, it runs like a cow on antidepressants.  Basically, runs slow as hell, which means I've got to use the old (less stable etc) version of WinUAE.  

Has anyone out there got a nice config file for WinUAE which I can use with the HD folder on Amiga Forever 4 and the latest version of WinUAE?

Man I'm confused at the moment  :-?

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
Re: Config files for WinUAE
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2002, 04:18:17 PM »
I remember seeing something on the forums a while back about some sort of 'perfect' config file etc for WinUAE. ummm.... can't remember what it was called...

I think the so called perfect config for Winuae you saw was for running old games, I seriously doubt a Perfect config even exists,

i found WinUAE what came with AF4 was really slow but WInUAE what came with AF5 is really great and i still use it as the latest versions seems to be getting worse after each update,

for speed and a reliable version i would say get the Winuae version what came with AF5.

Offline Lo

• Show only replies by Lo
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2002, 05:06:59 PM »
seems to be getting worse after each update,

Thank you!  I suspected the same...
[color=0000CC]GVP 060 @50 Pwr Twr [/color][color=FF0000]AMD_Amithlon_UAE[/color]

Offline ropey

• Show only replies by ropey
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2002, 05:16:22 PM »
@ Axeman
Have you tried Amiga in a box (AIAB)        http://aiab.emuunlim.com/
I have been using it for ages now and WinUAE  seems   :-D much :-D   better. The site also has some legal game downloads , maybe this is what you have read about.  
Slightly OT here but can anybody tell me how to put links into postings better than just plain text.
Ropey
Sometimes  :-)  sometimes :-(  but always 8-)

Offline J

• Show only replies by J
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2002, 05:40:49 PM »
You can download config files for a number of different games etc from:

http://www.back2roots.org

Cheers,

J

Offline WarPiper

• Show only replies by WarPiper
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2002, 06:23:14 PM »
the perfect winaue config file is in the plastic drawer with the large black plastic bag, take a look around your house because I am sure you have one.

hehehe
There was a time I can remember computers were fun...I miss my A1200.

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2002, 06:28:24 PM »
@ropey

when writing/replying press URL button then type in the websites URL then press ENTER, another box will open then type anything u want to do with the site,

see below

Amiga warez

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2002, 09:55:50 PM »
@ropey

Wahay!  That's it!  Cheers.  Not sure how good it is, but will give it a go.

Thanks again.

Offline ropey

• Show only replies by ropey
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2002, 12:40:19 AM »
@ Paul

Cheers for that, how stupid do I feel ?!!!
Ropey
Sometimes  :-)  sometimes :-(  but always 8-)

Offline nrose

• Show only replies by nrose
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2002, 02:10:42 AM »

Axeman wrote:
,it runs like a cow on antidepressants.  Basically, runs slow as hell, which means I've got to use the old (less stable etc) version of WinUAE.  

Has anyone out there got a nice config file for WinUAE which I can use with the HD folder on Amiga Forever 4 and the latest version of WinUAE?

I'm running WinUAE 8.21.4.  When I first installed it it was as slow as you say  :-) .  I changed the speed from emulate A500 to "fastest but keep chipset timing" or something like that and now it runs quite well.

I'm not using it for games.  I use mainly Final Calc, Personal Paint, occasionally QED and Textview, and always run Filer.  UAE still definitely has some quirks but is quite workable.

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2002, 10:52:09 AM »
Hurrah!  

Gotta say - Amiga in a Box is great!  Anyone who is new to Amiga emulation would do well to download it.   Was amazed how the net connection just piggybacks my PeeCee broadband connection too!

Well... finally got a usable Miggy in my PeeCee box!  Bout time too! (first started using fellow in 1997!). :-P