Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?  (Read 111892 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
Re: are we still sharing crazy ebay postings?
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 11, 2017, 05:41:39 PM »
Quote from: Pgovotsos;825546
Kipper2k has said in a few  threads that he wants one for the CD32. I don't know if the team is thinking of doing one - the CD32 would probably be the smallest audience - but if anyone can convince the team to make one, I wouldn't think anyone could be a more effective advocate than him. A couple of times he's sounded pretty adamant.

He said it wouldn't be that difficult since the expansion connector on the CD32 and the trapdoor expansion on the 1200 are essentially the same other than the physical connector.

Personally I think a CD32 with a Vampire accelerator would be just about ideal. Sure it doesn't have a keyboard built in but connecting one is easy. It's fairly small so easily portable, already has a CD drive built in, AGA with S-video if you didn't want to use RTG for some reason and I think it has the greatest free volume where the Vampire would be so cooling should be less of an issue.

What would be really cool would be if they could do something like the Paravision SX-1 that plugged into the expansion connector and let you plug the FMV cartridge into the SX-1. I know it's only Mpeg1 / VCD so it wouldn't have the video quality of Riva say but it would offload the processing from the Vampire. Maybe? I don't know enough to know if it could work that way but I can't help but think that that would be super exciting :)

As far as I know, you can plug an SX1 and an FMV cartridge in at the same time.
Now find an FMV cartridge.
And adding a Vampire to the CD32 would be no mean feat since the '020 in the CD32 is surface mounted.
The expansion slot might be one way to connect an accelerator, but the SX32 is the only one I know of that does that right now.

Personally, I love my CD32 with SX1, and would welcome something that would speed it up.
With a fast enough cpu, you might not need a full motion video board.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 10:31:21 PM »
Quote from: cunnpole;826997
he's got a printer for sale too: only $4200. I've got 4 of these in the attic. Time to buy a new car!

Naw, that's only $16,800 for the car, and don't you want something like a nice Fiat 124 Spyder?
That would require two more printers. :hammer:
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 11:32:00 AM »
Quote from: LoadWB;827008

Oh really?  What's this then? https://ebay.com/itm/151426013460

Well, obviously its the Amiga 1000 that pushes the entire package (with printer) to over $10,000.
Not doubt, IF you offered him his price, he might be willing to test them (or SAY he did). ;-)

Why don't YOU go for it?
I get enough crazy reading posts about Gunnar's projects to take this too seriously.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 09:23:39 PM »
Quote from: Acill;829709
Not crazy, but if your interested in cloning the Vampire 500+ this auction will do that for you!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vampire-V500-dev-kit-and-extras-/322657780726

Not really a development kit, as there are no details, schematics, board layouts, etc.

And I'd be willing to bet that no one is happy this is being sold.