Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Just picked up a eMac 1.25Ghz this morning.  (Read 12186 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaNut08

• Show all replies
Re: Just picked up a eMac 1.25Ghz this morning.
« on: June 13, 2010, 06:55:32 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;564382
That might be a good gamble, waiting for the exchange rate to become more advantageous, but it might also back-fire if the MorphOS Dev. Team decides to discontinue the lower price of a MorphOS license key and returns to the 150 euro price.

Not that it makes any difference to me, but I would encourage everyone that is thinking of getting a MorphOS license key to get it sooner rather than later for many reasons.  (I have no inside knowledge and no contact directly with any of the MorphOS Development Team)

I hope that Morph OS stays at the cheaper price, as i believe they will sell a lot more license keys, seeing that you can now pay around $50 (thats what i recently paid for my Emac) for the hardware to run it. Funny enough though, about 4 hours after i won the auction for my emac, i received this following message.

"i am very sorry the unit that you purchased was dropped and i have smashed it.

I apologize for this but there is nothing i am able to do

i understand if you are unhappy but it was an accident

very sorry"

Yeah right it got smashed. I replied that i dont care that the emac was smashed as i wanted it for some internal boards and want to pick it up asap. I am yet to hear from the seller.

Offline AmigaNut08

• Show all replies
Re: Just picked up a eMac 1.25Ghz this morning.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 06:41:40 PM »
Quote from: adolescent;564466
Things happen.  I sold a Sega CD unit on eBay and decided to have one last play while I waiting for payment to arrive (pre-PayPal).  When setting it up I accidentally plugged in the wrong power adapter which instantly fried it!  :madashell:  I was out ~$90 + eBay fees + I reimbursed the guy for the money order fee.  :(

Yes sometimes things really do happen after a sale, but the guy who was selling the emac is full of it. The item was pickup only, which was fine as i am 40 mins away from the sellers location. The auction ended late Saturday afternoon. 2 emacs were listed at $50 starting bid. I was the only bidder on the emac i won. The other emac had no bids on it, so it did not sell. A few hours after the auction i received the bogus message saying it was smashed. I then replied back saying that it was ok as i wanted it for some internal parts. I then messaged him and said if you really feel bad about smashing the emac, offer me the one you had on ebay that did not sell. I then sent a 3rd message asking for his details as i want to come and pick up the smashed emac asap.

In response to my first message the seller wrote "sorry again about this news
I was a bit injured when the accident occured and as a result the broken emac was dumped with the hard rubbish."

In response to my second message the seller wrote" again i apologize but that was sold to another guy after the auction was finished and before i had the mishap"

And in response to my 3rd message. the seller wrote" quicksilver unfortunately there will be no collection as the broken item was destroyed and then taken to the tip"

This all happened late on a Saturday afternoon. Why would you suddenly want to take a computer that you supposedly dropped, which caused you injury, to the tip late on a Saturday afternoon when the tip would have most likely been closed.

BTW i am in Australia so $50AU for this emac is equivalent to someone buying one for about $43 in the US.