Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Just picked up a eMac 1.25Ghz this morning.  (Read 12184 times)

Description:

Offline gdanko

• Show all replies
Re: Just picked up a eMac 1.25Ghz this morning.
« on: June 13, 2010, 06:12:11 AM »
Quote from: redrumloa;564320
I went to the local flea market this morning, Thunderbird Swap Shop, which claims to be the biggest in the world. After walking in the brutal Florida sun for about 90 minutes, I found a 1.25Ghz eMac and bought it. I plan on installing MorphOS 2.5 this afternoon to give it a spin. I haven't used MorphOS since v1.4, so I am curious to how it has progressed.

It remains to be seen if I keep this eMac and register MorphOS 2.5. I am more interested in a G4 Power Mac, so I may wait for that support to come to register. For now, it will be great to test drive MOS 2.5 demo version.

-edit-
That means the Televideo TS-803H gets taken off the computer desk :-/ Man, I need to rework this workshop for more desktop space...

Congratulations! I have 2.5 installed on a G4 Mini and I am loving it. I am eager to hear your experiences with Morph.

Offline gdanko

• Show all replies
Re: Just picked up a eMac 1.25Ghz this morning.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 06:17:36 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;564381
(now before anyone argues that it is not an "Amiga" system, please don't waste your time by polluting this thread with that off topic nonsense.  I am not interested in such silly arguments that cannot be won, one way or another and are a complete waste of time.  If that is how you feel, fine.

David, MorphOS is the most viable NG Amiga out there. A Mini G4 can be had for a very low price and MorphOS outperforms OS 4.1 which has very little hardware availability.