Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Just picked up a eMac 1.25Ghz this morning.  (Read 12188 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Just picked up a eMac 1.25Ghz this morning.
« on: June 13, 2010, 02:17:03 AM »
Congrats on getting your 1.25GHz G4 eMac for only $40 Red, that is a nice price for a "Next Gen" Amiga system.  (now before anyone argues that it is not an "Amiga" system, please don't waste your time by polluting this thread with that off topic nonsense.  I am not interested in such silly arguments that cannot be won, one way or another and are a complete waste of time.  If that is how you feel, fine.  I concede that you have the right to think in your head that any MorphOS system is not an "Amiga" system, just because it does not have the official name Amiga attached to it, but I also have the right to disagree with your opinion.  End of argument in my book and I am not interested in any reasons, rationality, further discussion, etc. of that topic)

Red, enjoy your re-exploration of MorphOS with version 2.5 and please make an effort to get your MorphOS2.5 eMac into good hands later if you decide to sell it and move up to the G4 PowerMac, once the G4 PowerMac is supported by the MorphOS Dev Team.

I think I'll go fire up my 1.5GHz G4 Mac Mini and have some fun.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 02:22:15 AM »
Quote from: zylesea;564371
Registration may get a bit more attractive considering the currently lowered price of 111 EUR and the rather fair EUR/US $ exchange rate (which probably will persist on the current level for quite a while).

That might be a good gamble, waiting for the exchange rate to become more advantageous, but it might also back-fire if the MorphOS Dev. Team decides to discontinue the lower price of a MorphOS license key and returns to the 150 euro price.

Not that it makes any difference to me, but I would encourage everyone that is thinking of getting a MorphOS license key to get it sooner rather than later for many reasons.  (I have no inside knowledge and no contact directly with any of the MorphOS Development Team)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 10:12:12 PM »
Quote from: xdelusion
MorphOS is available for $50 atm

Quote from: Colani1200;564424
Where?

I don't recommend this, but you can probably find a used Efika with a paid MorphOS license key for around $80 to $120 with a case, pico-PSU & power brick, plus the needed 90 degree PCI to AGP adapter and a video card (probably a Radeon 9250 w/128mb VRAM).  You take the Efika mobo out of the case, sell the case, pico-PSU & power brick, and the video card with the 90 degree PCI to AGP adapter for as much as you can get for them and then electrically fry the Efika mobo and send it in to the MorphOS Dev. Team to prove that it no longer works and ask them to transfer your license for that Efika mobo to another MorphOS capable computer system of your choice when you find and buy one.

That is one possible way to get a MorphOS license for around $50. :laughing:
Not sure if that is funny or sad?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 10:17:21 PM by amigadave »