Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 14 Million new Amiga users!  (Read 7112 times)

Description:

Offline mikeymike

• Show all replies
Re: 14 Million new Amiga users!
« on: March 11, 2003, 10:18:48 PM »
@ Al_B

... or maybe people buy PlayStations because they want a console, to play games on, so therefore not a computer.  What percentage of PlayStation owners do you honestly think are interested in Linux even slightly?

And AmigaOS 4 will soon run on PPC only.  Is 18 months work for a load of developers really worth it to get very slim pickings of potential PS2/AOS converts?  I think Hyperion will need a bit of good fortune to break any profit on AOS4, let alone deciding to port it to another platform after that... and wouldn't porting x86 be a far wiser choice, from a business point of view?

(No, I'm not saying I think AOS4 should run on x86)

PS - would people stop these 'apple and orange' comparisons of processors please?  Someone might design a processor that's especially good at adding 1 to any number given to it, faster than any other processor can, that doesn't mean it's better than any other processor.  Processors are made to do specific jobs.  Processors designed for desktop computers have to be able to do a lot more various tasks than most processors do (that doesn't make them "better" either, that's just a statement of fact).  Infact, most of the comparisons going on here are like comparing the companies Apple and Orange and arguing about "which one is better"!