Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Forever and Faery Tale Adventure  (Read 2277 times)

Description:

Offline Bugala

• Show all replies
    • http://www.ugalabugala.net
Re: Amiga Forever and Faery Tale Adventure
« on: April 21, 2015, 06:53:53 PM »
@Oldsmobile Mike

If you never tried Faerytale adventure before, I think theres a good chance you wont like it.

What was great in its time was great graphics, action RPG style (you could compare it to having been Diablo with joystick in some sense even, but with some small puzzle elements), and its huge size.

However, nowadays especially that huge size is big turnoff for new players, since you ahve no clue where to go, and you have to go like hour before you might end up somewhere (well okay, its not really an hour, but it feels like that).

If size of the world and mazes would be about 1 percent from its real size, it would actually still be pretty nice little game with few nice little puzzles to crack.

For someone who already have played it before, they have some idea where to go, and they know how to speed up the guy (find the turtle) etc. hence they can have more patience with the game plus the nostalgia factor even the graphics aint stunning anymore and action RPG element is not really worth much compared to todays Diablos etc. anymore.

It is unfortunate that such a great game havent stood the test of time and new generations of players wont be able to to feel what a great game we had in those days with this one.

Offline Bugala

• Show all replies
    • http://www.ugalabugala.net
Re: Amiga Forever and Faery Tale Adventure
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 11:41:27 AM »
@Curtis

Go to turtles back and keep swinging your sword and even kevin levels up fast enough. Or is there something I dont know about this game? For i have never actually finished it, but it seemed to me like you should simply kill the first brothers and concentrate on playing with that was it kindest or luckiest brother? Not sure if there is really any benefit from that luck/kindness really, but point is anyway that you get the turtle and keep swinging sword on its back, and you wont die naturally anymore. Hence it seemed to me like just take that brother with that best stat that cant be affected, and complete the game with him.

@Minuous
What is that MCE program? I would like to know since I still plan to complete this game one day, and that sounds like something which would very much enhance the experience by speeding the game up.