Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2 issues with OS3.2.1  (Read 1584 times)

Description:

Offline bradhansen1Topic starter

• Show only replies by bradhansen1
2 issues with OS3.2.1
« on: April 26, 2023, 01:56:56 AM »
Hi All, I have 2 nagging issue with OS3.2.1 at least they are showing up there. The first has to do with placing icons
on my desktop, they seem to have a place they want to be at no matter how I try to move the and then save the
Workbench. The second is even though I have all my def_ icons set up in ENV-Archive/Sys everything that downloads
rum the net has the same icon which doesn't coincide with what is set up. Please see the images I have upload.  Any
help would be most appreciated.
Thank you
Brad Hansen

Offline Thomas

Re: 2 issues with OS3.2.1
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 08:24:12 AM »

The first image does not make clear what is wrong.

Anyway, icons on the desktop have a certain area around them where they don't accept other icons. So if you place icons too close to each other, some won't stay where you snapshot them.

Horizontally this area includes the width of the label text. So for example the Demos_WHDLoad and the Games_WHDload icons need quite a big distance between them.

For the second issue, make sure that the DefIcons program is running. And make sure that it is run only once at startup, because the second run stops the first one. Check WBStartup and user-startup.

Offline bradhansen1Topic starter

• Show only replies by bradhansen1
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 05:57:53 PM »
Thomas, the second answer makes perfect sense, thank you. For my first question, it doesn’t matter where I put
the Demo_WHDload icon when ever I restart it always goes back to the same spot. The one you see, why?
Why can’t I put it where I want it and have it stay there. I understand about icon spacing that is not the issue.
Appreciate the feedback.
Brad Hansen

Offline Thomas

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 10:32:05 PM »

It looks like a drawer, so I assume it is not a disk but a left out directory. And it looks pretty much default, so I suppose it might not have an icon. Make sure that the drawer has an icon (.info file) and that it is not write protected. The position is saved in the .info file. If the directory does not have a .info file, the position cannot be saved.