Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two New Full Systems Based on Sam440ep-Flex  (Read 11524 times)

Description:

Offline Kremlar

• Show only replies by Kremlar
Re: Two New Full Systems Based on Sam440ep-Flex
« Reply #104 from previous page: October 01, 2012, 12:05:52 AM »
If it installs on your HW and then activates properly on your machine online in the "Genuine Windows" test (or whatever they call it), then *it is* legit! At least according to Microsoft themselves apparently, and they are quite picky about this and they can easily kill/blacklist serials to prevent activation of foul copies. IMHO price is irrelevant to this.  

Of course not.  For example, if you somehow obtain a non-profit license for Windows (which is available at a dramatically reduced cost) and are able to install and activate it, do you think if Microsoft came knocking on your door they would consider you legitimally licensed?  Of course not.  

Most people don't care - they only care if they can install and activate.  Doesn't mean you are legitimately licensed however.  Microsoft is absolutely NOT picky - it's very rare that they will blacklist install codes - they only do it in extreme cases.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2012, 01:47:40 AM »
MS doesnt care that much about piracy. Someone using pirated Windows is not using Linux or Mac OS.

Offline Fats

• Show only replies by Fats
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2012, 07:40:51 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;709913

There's just some lingering pains over some statements made in the past by Hyperion's management and contracted developers (which is funny because I use MorphOS to run their ports of QuakeII and Heretic).

If you mention this you also have to mention that BBRV liked to stir the pot a lot and had a quite offensive marketing tactic (my things are so much better than the competition).

greets,
Staf.
Trust me...                                              I know what I\'m doing