Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Zorro II VS. Zorro III  (Read 1560 times)

Description:

Offline Tahoe

• Show only replies by Tahoe
    • http://www.amiga4ever.nl
Re: Zorro II VS. Zorro III
« Reply #14 from previous page: July 19, 2005, 04:25:31 PM »

Leifern wrote:
But if i used a Mediator and a Voodoo, wouldn't i need two monitors then? One for the Native modes and one for the new ones?

Unless you have the videoslot enabler for your Zorro IV board you will already need 2 monitors.... Your Picasso Scandoubler will be useless without the enabler...
Greetings from Wilnis, The Netherlands
Now owning ALL Amiga models and most; if not all; flavours of them...My Amiga Museum

Offline LeifernTopic starter

• Show only replies by Leifern
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 04:29:36 PM »
Yeah, i know.. I have the videoslot enabler. But i was just thinking.. I have a Voodoo2 that connects to the built in VGA card on my Pentium 200 to bypass the lower screen resolutions. Wouldn't it do the same on an Amiga with PCI and a internal scandoubler flickerfixer?

I guess what i'm asking is: Is there really no way to get around this? I will NEVER use two monitors on the same Amiga, but, using a Mediator and new graphics card sounds like a good idea.

Offline keropi

• Show only replies by keropi
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2005, 05:10:24 PM »
find a way to install BOTH the zorroII busboard and a pci busboard... but then again, this is only possible by using a g-rex busboard... on my RBM tower, I have installed BOTH the zorroII busboard and the g-rex1200... I use a piccoloSD64 rtg card, and a pci soundcard and lancard... also the voodoo3 is installed but not currently in use... I like the psd64 auto-switch  :-D

Offline MskoDestny

• Show only replies by MskoDestny
    • http://www.retrodev.com
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 05:49:08 PM »

Leifern wrote:
Yeah, i know.. I have the videoslot enabler. But i was just thinking.. I have a Voodoo2 that connects to the built in VGA card on my Pentium 200 to bypass the lower screen resolutions. Wouldn't it do the same on an Amiga with PCI and a internal scandoubler flickerfixer?

I guess what i'm asking is: Is there really no way to get around this? I will NEVER use two monitors on the same Amiga, but, using a Mediator and new graphics card sounds like a good idea.

IIRC, the Voodoo 2 had a passthru for a 2D card because it had no 2D acceleration, only 3D.

You could get a monitor switch and use only one monitor.  It's a less than ideal solution, but it does work.  Just make sure you get a good one and not one of the cheap mechanical ones or you'll likely end up with ghosting.