Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Should I cry? Amiga 2000CR V4.0 Motherboard  (Read 2013 times)

Description:

Offline BaigomaxTopic starter

• Show only replies by Baigomax
Should I cry? Amiga 2000CR V4.0 Motherboard
« on: January 13, 2019, 07:27:41 PM »
Hello to everyone!
I bought my very first Amiga " B2000CR V4 Haynil/Fisher " and I'm having problems to understand if this revision is good or burned money... what is capable to do?
I was taking a look around and for what I understood, this version was never released due a problems... how is it possible?

Thank you in advance,
Baigomax

Offline shaf

• Show only replies by shaf
Re: Should I cry? Amiga 2000CR V4.0 Motherboard
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 12:37:20 AM »
i know there were some timing issues with the board and was fixed in a later revision , any good Amiga Tech can fix it easily. Service Bulletin C3-1.17 lists all the changes required required to update to rev. 4.4

Offline paul1981

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 12:41:46 PM »
Hello to everyone!
I bought my very first Amiga " B2000CR V4 Haynil/Fisher " and I'm having problems to understand if this revision is good or burned money... what is capable to do?
I was taking a look around and for what I understood, this version was never released due a problems... how is it possible?

Thank you in advance,
Baigomax

If it truly is rare and shouldn't exist in the public domain then you should be crying tears of joy!  :'( :'( :'(  :) :) :)

Offline BaigomaxTopic starter

• Show only replies by Baigomax
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 03:43:09 PM »
Hello to everyone!

Thank you in advance,
Baigomax

If it truly is rare and shouldn't exist in the public domain then you should be crying tears of joy!  :'( :'( :'(  :) :) :)

Here you have some Pics of her, so I have to take a closer look and take some other photos to understand if I'm lucky or not,
what do you think about it?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vKjYVMJY1GeUhWXV8
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 03:44:52 PM by Baigomax »

Offline PaulT

• Show only replies by PaulT
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 06:29:38 PM »
I think that it actually says "HAYNIE" and it's just a problem with indistinct lighting or poor printing.  Seeing as Dave Haynie was a hardware guy for Amiga through that period.
As mine isn't handy to open up at the moment, see https://www.techrepublic.com/pictures/commodore-amiga-2000-teardown/86/ for pictures of the next revision's label.

Offline zipper

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 07:21:58 PM »
http://amiga.resource.cx/mod/a2000.html has some info of A2000 board revisions.