Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sonnet PPC card no longer an option?  (Read 2096 times)

Description:

Offline zyphoidTopic starter

• Show all replies
Sonnet PPC card no longer an option?
« on: February 01, 2008, 10:34:25 PM »
sonnetPPC card great job amigans!  we managed to "buy out" all the sonnet/shark cards in hopes of it being able to work with the classics, and its not even proven to be compatable.   :-D  :-) http://store1.sonnettech.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_30&products_id=37

now what?
A1200T Mid-Night 060@50mhz tv tuner,voodoo banshee,usb subway,mediator,Dual Multi partition 200Gig 2.5/3.5HD, Twin dual-layer lite-on dvd 52x dvd-rw, sx-32pro030@50mhz my favorite system what xbox came from til someone says otherwise,A500 Efika...

• Show all replies
Re: Sonnet PPC card no longer an option?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 12:33:27 AM »

Matt_H wrote:
It's a rather old product. I'd guess that a slow trickle of sales to the Mac community over the years depleted the stock of a production run done ages ago.

Other point: Have they sold out only just now, or have they been out of stock for years?

recently did. ive been watching that model for weeks since the contraversy! :crazy:
(the one about it being shark ppc)
the newer ones seem bulky....but as stated mat not need mods to fit mediator...bounty 4 drivers & software?
A1200T Mid-Night 060@50mhz tv tuner,voodoo banshee,usb subway,mediator,Dual Multi partition 200Gig 2.5/3.5HD, Twin dual-layer lite-on dvd 52x dvd-rw, sx-32pro030@50mhz my favorite system what xbox came from til someone says otherwise,A500 Efika...

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 01:26:28 AM »

rkauer wrote:
 I will be more than glad to have a G3/500MHz (or even less MHz) CPU installed on my 1200/Mediator.

A G4 processor will be an overkill.

cooling would have to be an issue?
ooh well til someone moves on it..i'll wait some more :lol:

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 05:04:33 AM »

rkauer wrote:
 Just to clarify: E***x people are not intelligent guys.

It they was smart, they simply tell everybody: -"Hey, if someone put a Crescendo/Sonnet card intended for PCI Macs in one of our Mediators, you can have a PPC Amiga!"

Surely the Mediator sells will explode!

But what they did? Cope a way to avoid people to do this (may a "lock" in one of those Mach chips).

Exactly like they do with the "Spyder", a rebadged USB card with the on-chip re-flashed to inform another vendor ID!

Sometimes, greed people are simple stupid!

hopefully someone finds a way around it as in the case of the spyder :-D