Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Firefox 4 released on Mameo  (Read 1551 times)

Description:

Offline Khephren

• Show all replies
Re: Firefox 4 released on Mameo
« on: April 05, 2011, 02:43:24 PM »
It's pretty bad. Haven't tried any HTML5 sites on it yet. I Didn't know you could get chromium, i'll have to give it a shot. I mostly flick between Opera and MicroB.

Offline Khephren

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 03:42:32 PM »
@JJ yeah, the latest opera is nice. Still no flash :(   Can't get it to spoof a non mobile site for youtube either.  I've noticed the tearing, does not seem noticable on Nitdroid though.

@Persia
firefox has been getting worse and worse since 3 began. Stalls at javascript, bloated, crash prone. And I thought it was the last best hope.

Offline Khephren

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 04:35:44 PM »
Vodaphone, I changed the connection a while ago. I normally Wifi anyway.
Nitdroid is cool, not as fast as the real thing. but not bad. Some software suffers from the lack of capacitive touch.

I tried a couple of webOS games as well, they ran ok, but again with no multitouch.

Kept away from meego so far, they keep calling it a 'developers edition' which makes me a bit nervous. The only thing I can develop is a headache. Have you given it a go yet?

I use maemo.org for my info, but the site is a bit of a mess with massive threads, so I'm probably a bit behind the times.

I'm hoping we will get AROS at some point. See how many OS's I can shove on there before it explodes :)

Kind of hating Nokia at the moment. The whole meego/QT route sounded great to me. I was looking forward to something like the N900 with a bigger screen, maybe a 4 row keyboard.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:51:34 PM by Khephren »

Offline Khephren

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 05:00:07 PM »
I think i'm going to miss out on my next upgrade and see what happens. Will save me some money anyway, going sim only.

Iv'e tried WP7. It feels like a feature phoneOS, with giant panels and a heavy amount of scrolling. I don't like dumbed down smartphones, I originaly got my first symbian smartphone because it was like a psion for phonecalls. I like my smartphones to be mini computers :)

I don't have anything against MS, iv'e owned two winMo phones in the past. The old WinMo might have been clunky, but it felt like an OS, and had plenty of applications available. I still can't bare to part with my HTC Universal.

Maybe android will progress to something I will want to use. It's inelegant compared to Maemo though (must be the Amiga in me!).