Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your Current & Future Mobile/Cell Phone ?  (Read 4885 times)

Description:

Offline CalenTopic starter

• Show all replies
Your Current & Future Mobile/Cell Phone ?
« on: May 11, 2010, 01:32:54 AM »
Awww the days when call quality was #1  on  the agenda and can this thing do SMS ?   seems long gone. Now it's all about how many Mhz. 3D hardware, huge screens, which OS, and can the camera replace my SLR, and perhaps get my dinner ready for when i get home.

I love it! :)

Anyway, my current Phone is the rather nice Samsung  i8910, its quite the beast, the first Phone  to do HD video recording, 3d hardware, 600 mhz cpu  (Cortex A8) and  quite a healthy  8 megapixel  cam. It wont replace any cheap digi cam but it's quite useful on the go for the quick snap moment. C64/Amiga emulation  ain't to bad either,  but i'd prefer some real controllers :)

Sure are some nice  Phones coming this year, we have a boat load of Android based phones from Samsung, HTC and Sony.  Symbian based  Nokia with the Recently announced N8. And of course the new Iphone 4G/HD  whatever it's gonna be called.

I'm alittle swayed towards the Nokia N8 at the moment, HDMI connector,  12 megapixel  camera with a bigger sensor than other mobiles, Xenon flash, HD video with stabilizer. Not to mention the usual bells and whistles, good performance CPU and  dedicated GPU  all based around the new Symbian 3. and will also prolly be ALOT cheaper (370 Euro sim free)  than the new Iphone. Not sure if they mentioned call quality though :)

http://events.nokia.com/NokiaN8/

I will hold out for an in depth review and possible hands on though.

I still keep an old fone about the house just in case any of the new ones i buy die under the strain :)

What about you guys? ...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 01:43:49 AM by Calen »

• Show all replies
Re: Your Current & Future Mobile/Cell Phone ?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 01:47:15 AM »
Quote from: TheGoose;557665
I have never owned one, tah dah! But I think I will get an Andriod phone, HTC incredible I'm thinking...

I'm not suprised, i don't think you would get good reception at your location ;)

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 02:38:13 AM »
Quote from: Tension;557674
Nokias always seemed to be break when I had them for a while.

I've been quite lucky  with my past Nokia phones, cant think of one that has failed,  going  right back to the  7110 Matrix fone, i loved that bloody thing, dropped it more times than i care to remember :)

My last Nokia was the 5800, great fone for it's price and had fantastic Audio quality. Better than my Current fone & my dedicated music player, Ipod touch. I've since sold that.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 02:59:08 AM by Calen »

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 02:58:29 PM »
I had a feeling we would have a few N900 users, more like mobile Computer indeed.

Some have even overclocked this beast from it's default 600 MHz, up to 1GHz!
At least you won't  go cold with this in your pocket ;)

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/05/nokia-n900-overclocked-to-1ghz-in-bid-to-outrun-obsolescence-vi/
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 03:05:02 PM by Calen »

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 04:53:40 PM »
Quote from: spihunter;557786
I have an iPhone but would like to take a look at the Andriod ones sometime. The PhoneOS war reminds me so much of how the computer wars were in the 80's. Lots of competion, many differen't choices.
Indeed it does,  choice is also good.

The most important question i had  when i was thinking about buying an Iphone was not battery life,  number of applications, does it have 10x optical zoom, or can it waken me up on time each morning, but something much more important..

Can it Blend?

I'm sold!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1ckCkm8YI

"Ismoke" :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 02:39:05 AM »
Well i have since jumped from Symbian to the Android OS.  I went with the HTC Wildfire,  Budget version of the Desire.
Got to say...it's a damm fine OS, even on my fones limited hardware. runs fast, has everything i need, great app integration and looks nice to.

AH well, Bye bye symbian/Nokia. Perhaps i might cu in the future if MeeGo is all your touting it to be.