Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your Current & Future Mobile/Cell Phone ?  (Read 4862 times)

Description:

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
Re: Your Current & Future Mobile/Cell Phone ?
« Reply #29 from previous page: May 11, 2010, 05:28:13 PM »
I have a Nokia N97, quite happy with it but planning on getting a Nokia N900 since the symbian OS is outdated and Maemo on the N900 is just splendid, so ill soon get a N900 and port alot of linux apps. Its just a great emulator phone.

A must for me to have is full qwerty keyboard + touchscreen and then the high end nokia phones works great for me.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 05:31:45 PM by som99 »

Offline aggro_mix

• Show only replies by aggro_mix
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 07:53:52 PM »
I'm still using a HTC/Qtek 8310 (i-mate SP5/O2 XDA Orion) from 2005 or is it 2006? It's small and do most things I need. I've tested iPhone 3GS, HTC Hero and HTC Desire and while they all have lots of fancy functions and "apps" I don't really get the hype. I can still make calls, send text & MMS, sync my exchange data, use Twitter and Facebook with my current phone. I wouldn't mind a decent camera though but that doesn't really justify a new smartphone.

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 09:20:57 PM »
Currently a Nokia E51. Quite pleased with it, not quite sure what I'll get after this. I recently toyed with a friend's HTC Legend. Android seems to have come of age. No Apple hardware in my house thankyouverymuch.

Offline CalenTopic starter

• Show only replies by Calen
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2010, 02:39:05 AM »
Well i have since jumped from Symbian to the Android OS.  I went with the HTC Wildfire,  Budget version of the Desire.
Got to say...it's a damm fine OS, even on my fones limited hardware. runs fast, has everything i need, great app integration and looks nice to.

AH well, Bye bye symbian/Nokia. Perhaps i might cu in the future if MeeGo is all your touting it to be.

Offline amigakid

• Show only replies by amigakid
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2010, 03:10:09 AM »
I have the Motorolla Cliq.  Its been a excellent phone that runs the Android OS.  It has a 600mhz cpu, 3 GB memory, 5 MP camera, full qwerty KB and so on.  I have had it for nine months and I must say I just love it.  Compared it to by brothers Iphone and besides me having better service it was way better.  True Iphone has more apps, but come on the android market is at almost 80,000 now and thats just after a year.  Besides I have used a lot of phones and I personally feel the Android is the best platform out there.  Don't get me wrong the IPhone OS is also nice and works well, but for me anyways Android all the way.

Offline jsixis

• Show only replies by jsixis
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2010, 03:29:50 AM »
I have a verizen that works supplies.
If I leave work I'll use a trac phone.

I have no desire to be connected except when I want to be connected.
My daughter has an I phone, a lot of my friends have droids.

I don't need or want one.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2010, 04:12:45 AM »
How many people still have old fashioned landlines in their houses?  I got rid of mine a year and a half ago and don't miss it at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Belial6

• Show only replies by Belial6
    • http://www.glasshead.net
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2010, 04:55:31 AM »
I had a myTouch 3g, and work gave me an iPhone 3G for development reasons.  I have to say that the myTouch was a little underpowered for the OS, but a still liked it a little more than the iPhone.  A few months ago, I passed my myTouch down to my son, and got a Nexus One.  With it's better hardware, I definitly like the Android OS better than the iPhone.

There seem to be a bunch even better phones right on the horizon.  After the new year, I will probably upgrade again, and get my wife and son on better phones than the myTouch.

I keep hoping to see decent android tables come out, but so far, it doesn't look good.  The android tablets that have been anounced so far all seem to have the fatal flaw of trying to be a phone.  So, they are all too small, and tout the fact that they can make phone calls.  The only reason to have cell on a tablet is for data.  If someone doesn't come out with a sane android tablet soon, I will probably end up with an iPad.

Offline mingle

• Show only replies by mingle
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2010, 05:01:58 AM »
@persia,

Yup, still have the Telstra landline - need it, since I don't own a mobile!

I used to have a Nokia 1100 (as basic as you can get), but simply never used it, so the SIM expired and I now just leave it gathering dust in the drawer! :-)

Mike.

Offline marcfrick2112

• Show only replies by marcfrick2112
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2010, 05:11:14 AM »
@Persia, Uh-Oh.... For about 15 years I had TWO landlines... (no cell)

I bought a cell only after my house was hit by lightning, ...Fried the phones, and a PC.... After a month without a phone, I figured had to get a cell..... One day after I bought my super-cheap Nokia, I got my land-line back :(

OK, I don't even know what model it is.... Just the cheapest T-Mobile Pay-as-you-go phone, $17.99 USD, to be precise...  No camera, web access, no downloadable anything....

I joke at my job that this phone is given away with cereal in Finland......

But hey, it works pretty well as a phone.....

---------------
Marc Frick
---------------
A1200T / \'060, 256MB, CD-R, OS3.9
A4000 w/ WarpEngine / 82MB , OS3.1
A4000 16MB, OS 3.9
A1200 , \'030 / 10MB
A1200 (stock)

CD32 :)

...And a very sick 4000T

Offline motrucker

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2010, 05:55:31 AM »
I like the most basic tracfone - really cheap, and connects better than ANYTHING else in this area (Just outside of Washington D.C. - go figure)
I still use an old Palm for a little, portable computer - the phone needs be nothing more than a phone!
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2010, 06:46:03 AM »
this thread is gonna be hugely dependent on where in the world you are at :)

My current phone is an iDEN blackberry that work pays for. Its not all that great, but its free for unlimited usage so nyeh.

I'd probably snatch up a Samsung Epic if I had to go buy one currently.

Offline lsmart

• Show only replies by lsmart
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2010, 07:04:14 AM »
Quote from: ElPolloDiabl;557669
I can't stand the small screens. I'll either get something cheap with fm radio or the biggest screened Blackberry there is.

I think this is a healthy attitude. I own an iPhone GS but in a few days, I will get myself the Nokia 1661 - Its is small; cheap and has no extras.

My personal reasons to ditch the iPhone (after three years):
1. Data contracts are expensive
2. Due to the small screen, I hold the thing to close to my eyes, which is actually a bad thing.
3. Apple is way too protective about it´s platform and the Jailbreak comunity is not what I expected it to be.
4. My iPhone already has cracks in the back and dust behind the glass, despite the fact that I have bought the GS just about a year ago. Apple Headphones always break on me too.
5. I really shouldn`t twitter, or anwer personal E-Mail, or shop at Ebay at work (and some other occasions).

Offline scuzzb494

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2010, 07:22:20 AM »
Never really used one and don`t own one so no help really. I don't even have the one with the wire on the end connected into the socket so probably tells you a bit about the kinda guy I am. Since 1996 everyone that wants to communicate with me does it via the computer.

Offline amiga1260

• Show only replies by amiga1260
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2010, 07:31:37 AM »
I used a Nokia 3210 till 2009 after that I bought a red Nokia 5310 XpressMusic. It is very flat and I still using it.

In the future I want a N8 when I saved enough money for it.

Offline cpfuture

• Show only replies by cpfuture
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2010, 12:49:27 PM »
My previous phone was an iPhone 3G, my current an iPhone 4. In 2 years time when my current contract runs out I'm 100% confident my next phone will be the then current iPhone. The UI experience in iOS is unmatched for my personal tastes. Looking into getting into iOS development soon.