Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My new Mac Mini G4  (Read 10852 times)

Description:

Offline Painkiller

• Show all replies
Re: My new Mac Mini G4
« on: August 30, 2008, 10:33:11 PM »
Great now that you have a Mac Mini, we can get MOS on it sooner rather than later I assume :)

Offline Painkiller

• Show all replies
Re: My new Mac Mini G4
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 04:50:03 PM »
Just got my Mac Mini 1,5GHz :D

Playing around with OSX now and I find it to be horribly slow and un responsive :( Maybe I got spoiled with PEG II and MOS 2.0 even Efika with MOS 2.0 seems faster tough it will crash in a minute once you start it. Atleast OSX seems stable :) But there is no way I would use this OS in daily use unless I can somehow make it more responsive. OSX seems quite easy to use and configure compared to Windows I'm using this for the first time and it seems like I have everything already up and running.

Thank you Piru for the numerous Mac Mini links in this thread :)

EDIT: Hmm I have to take my words back a bit :) I got rid of the Symantec AV that was installed in the system and now everything seems much quicker and I kind of like the system.

@Piru how does that Leopard feel? Is it a whorty upgrade over 10.4.11?

Offline Painkiller

• Show all replies
Re: My new Mac Mini G4 - now we're talking :-)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 12:58:51 PM »
About the GFX chip isn't it actually faster to use when accessing from the system and not using the VRAM as Mac Mini has a real AGP 4x port where as PEG II has some sort of PCI to AGP hack to my understanding. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Painkiller

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 09:01:04 PM »
One of the problems I find with OS X Tiger is that the pointer feels like its stuck in honey and then suddenly it gets free of it when you move a bit faster. Doesn't feel like I'm in control of it :( Maybe I'll try Leopard to see if it is any better.

Oh BTW any recomendations on UAE for Mac Mini G4? Just want to check out the speed to see what it will propably be with MOS once released.

@Piru is the Mac Mini port of MOS going to support the Airport? If so will the focus be on that and once ready then support wired controller?

Offline Painkiller

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 09:27:49 AM »
Damn good point :)