Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bill Gates not a philanthropist?  (Read 16153 times)

Description:

Offline blanning

• Show only replies by blanning
    • http://www.brianlanning.com
Re: Bill Gates not a philanthropist?
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2014, 03:14:19 PM »
Quote from: JJ;757413
I have no intention of having children.  People who have loads of children are the biggest issue this planet and our environment face.

Why do you believe this?    If all the children are cared for and fed, why does it matter to you?  

I can't remember the exact numbers, but Beethoven was the youngest of something like 13 children.

There are enough children without parents or good homes.  If you really feel the need to fill your time with children then foster or adopt

I agree completely.  I have nine children.  The youngest five are adopted from three different countries.  After having experienced both adoption and having biological children, I would encourage everyone to do both.  They're great experiences for different reasons.

By the way, if adoption is so great, then why is the UN and UNICEF trying to shut it down?  

But population needs to be controlled through education not drugs.

I agree that education is always a good thing.  But you have to teach the right things.  And I don't think the world's population needs to be controlled at all.  However, history clearly shows that as you raise the standard of living for a society, birth rate drops significantly.  So what is the real solution to the population problem, if there is such a thing?

Offline A6000

• Show only replies by A6000
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2014, 03:37:33 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;757420
Make sure you use tin and not aluminium so you don't get Alzheimer's because that's what they want! ;)

You see! the b******ds have got everything covered, we are all doomed.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2014, 03:49:06 PM »
Quote from: spirantho;757411
And for the economy too! Now, who wants to buy a hat? Made of the finest Tin Foil, guaranteed to protect the brain from Aliens/The CIA/MI5/Cliff Richard. Honest.

If the defense from that last individual is true, I want one!
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2014, 08:56:41 PM »
Quote from: blanning;757423
Why do you believe this?    If all the children are cared for and fed, why does it matter to you?  

I can't remember the exact numbers, but Beethoven was the youngest of something like 13 children.

I agree completely.  I have nine children.  The youngest five are adopted from three different countries.  After having experienced both adoption and having biological children, I would encourage everyone to do both.  They're great experiences for different reasons.

By the way, if adoption is so great, then why is the UN and UNICEF trying to shut it down?  

I agree that education is always a good thing.  But you have to teach the right things.  And I don't think the world's population needs to be controlled at all.  However, history clearly shows that as you raise the standard of living for a society, birth rate drops significantly.  So what is the real solution to the population problem, if there is such a thing?

Wow what the fook has Beethoven being 1 of 13 got to do with the price of wet fish. Do you have any understanding of the environmental impact of each child. Especially in the developed world
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2014, 09:40:25 PM »
Quote from: JJ;757436
Wow what the fook has Beethoven being 1 of 13 got to do with the price of wet fish. Do you have any understanding of the environmental impact of each child. Especially in the developed world
It has to do with the fact that, had his parents stopped before him (actually he was one of seven, and not the youngest - I think the confusion is with Mozart, who was the youngest of seven - but still,) world culture would be measurably poorer for it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 09:42:52 PM by commodorejohn »
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline blanning

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2014, 10:46:52 PM »
Quote from: JJ;757436

What environmental impact are you referring to?  Each one consumes oxygen.  Is that it?  How about water.  They all consume water.  Maybe it's that one?

You've been conditioned to believe that extra children consume "resources".  Whatever that is.  And why should we care?*  Aren't resources renewable?  The ones that are really needed by that child are renewable.  

Or are you talking about the non-renewable resources?  I think the people on the planet already can consume non-renewable resources (if there is such a thing) just fine without the help of additional children.  Even if we reduce the population by half, the remaining people could still consume an equal amount of resources.

I think the goal of the human race shouldn't be the reduction of population or the reduction of resource consumption directly.  I think the goal of the human race should be a major attitude change.  The goal needs to be that we all work together to elevate everyone.  And you can't do that when you have trillionaire bankers creating false flag attacks, civil wars, and world wars so that they can own another country.

You've been brainwashed.  Stop it.

* I have a flippant attitude about energy and resource consumption because there are many practical technologies that could replace things like fossil fuels, but are not allowed to exist because of money (greed placed over benefit to humanity).  If you want an example of what I mean by this, look into Nicola Tesla's lab burning down.  There's evidence to suggest that it was arson, ordered by JP Morgan, for financial gain.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2014, 09:32:41 AM »
Quote from: blanning;757443
What environmental impact are you referring to?  Each one consumes oxygen.  Is that it?  How about water.  They all consume water.  Maybe it's that one?

You've been conditioned to believe that extra children consume "resources".  Whatever that is.  And why should we care?*  Aren't resources renewable?  The ones that are really needed by that child are renewable.  

Or are you talking about the non-renewable resources?  I think the people on the planet already can consume non-renewable resources (if there is such a thing) just fine without the help of additional children.  Even if we reduce the population by half, the remaining people could still consume an equal amount of resources.

I think the goal of the human race shouldn't be the reduction of population or the reduction of resource consumption directly.  I think the goal of the human race should be a major attitude change.  The goal needs to be that we all work together to elevate everyone.  And you can't do that when you have trillionaire bankers creating false flag attacks, civil wars, and world wars so that they can own another country.

+1
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2014, 09:36:27 AM »

* I have a flippant attitude about energy and resource consumption because there are many practical technologies that could replace things like fossil fuels, but are not allowed to exist because of money (greed placed over benefit to humanity).  If you want an example of what I mean by this, look into Nicola Tesla's lab burning down.  There's evidence to suggest that it was arson, ordered by JP Morgan, for financial gain.

Good statement. But i think you lost credability when you accused someone else of being brainwashed. Never a good debating strategy...
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2014, 09:49:20 AM »
Thank you kesa. Most of people have come to their own conclussions. Just because a view is different to you own strongly held beliefs or agree with widley held view does not Make it any less valid or mean someone has been brainwaahed
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline Templario

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2014, 10:06:28 AM »
Roundly, No, only it is whitewash.
Amiga 500 with ROMs 1.3-2.05 and M-Tec AT 500 with hard disk and 4MB Ram.
WinUAE + Original OS 3.5&3.9
Sam440ep 800 MHZ + OS 4.1 F.E.
Sam460ex 1 GHz + OS 4.1 + Update 6. K.O.
MacMini 1.5 GHz + MorphOS 3.9
PowerBook G4 1.65 + MorphOS 3.9

Offline nicholas

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2014, 11:10:53 AM »
Quote from: JJ;757453
Thank you kesa. Most of people have come to their own conclussions. Just because a view is different to you own strongly held beliefs or agree with widley held view does not Make it any less valid or mean someone has been brainwaahed

Wasn't it Voltaire who said "I may not agree with what you have to say but I will fight to my death for your right to say it"?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Astral

• Show only replies by Astral
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2014, 11:50:17 AM »

When I first saw this statement I thought similar to what that others have expressed. There is no such thing is "right" or "wrong". Right or wrong is simply an opinion - of an individual or of a collective group of people. As such, just because someone's opinion differs from yours doesn't mean they are right, wrong, or...brainwashed.

Offline blanning

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;757451
Good statement. But i think you lost credability when you accused someone else of being brainwashed. Never a good debating strategy...

Yet brainwashing exists today... carried out by the mainstream media and public education systems.  Maybe "propaganda believer" is a better description.

I don't need credibility.  The facts remain.

Offline Astral

• Show only replies by Astral
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2014, 11:58:34 AM »
Now I've got Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall cranking on youtube :D

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2014, 12:04:22 PM »
I guess it depends on whether you have an optimistic, pesimistic or cynical personality. You seem to be the latter 2 while i am optimistic.

I just finished watching Pirates Of Silicon Valley so i am listening to the Talking Heads - Burning Down The House.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline blanning

« Reply #59 from previous page: January 18, 2014, 12:56:42 PM »
Quote from: JJ;757453

Forgive me for making a reference to hitler, but it's apropos...  those people who believed "the big lie" in nazi germany... where their conclusions valid?  Or were they just wrong?