Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Multiple OS users  (Read 8294 times)

Description:

Offline MarkTime

• Show all replies
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
Re: Multiple OS users
« on: October 29, 2011, 10:05:27 PM »
I primarily use Mac OS X, and occasionally I have to use Windows 7 and sometimes linux.

On the phone front, iOS and Android - my personal phone is Android but I have to program for iOS as well.

I was able to give up using hp/ux about 3 years ago, and I haven't used an Amiga to accomplish a real task in about 14 years.  I remember approximately the time that I gave up using it - because I needed to sort a list of successfully polled stores for a fortune 500 company, and I wrote a little program in amiga ace basic - I used the sorting program for a while, and then eventually rewrote it in tcl/tk and ran it on a pc instead.

After that I've occasionally either, turned on an amiga 1200, or evaluated a pegasos board, or installed a copy of aros - but no, never again completed an actual task with an amiga.

The mac is cool.  I'm happy with it - I'm also happy lurking around the amiga forums year after year - the X1000 xorro thing isn't compelling to me, but they have the right idea - do *something* unique...do the same with the OS, do something we can hook to and say we needed an amiga to do that...whatever it might be, integrate sql into the os -nobody else has done that, not really....do something.

or don't, either way.... :)