Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why we dont have GAME development contests  (Read 11807 times)

Description:

Offline persia

• Show all replies
Re: Why we dont have GAME development contests
« on: December 05, 2009, 03:40:53 PM »
The problem with writing games for the Amiga is the great variation in hardware and the small community there is to use it.  I've recently started writing software again and decided to work with the iPhone, their development support is phenomenal and even a completely unsuccessful program that actually makes it into the App store pays far more and is seen by more people that an wildly successful Amiga app.

So bottom line, it's a very hard slog compared to other platforms and when you succeed the rewards aren't there...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 03:18:40 AM »
The iPhone is addictive, they're hard to put down and I'm playing more of my Amiga games there now.  A rich development environment, Obj C, which I find more fun than C, people willing to pay money for apps.  Really the iPhone in 2010 reminds me of the Amiga in 1986.  I live in 2010, my mortgage is in 2010, the mortgage on my retirement house in Sunshine Coast is in 2010, my work is in 2010.  Much as I love tinkering with the Amiga, it's the past, I can't dwell on it, life in the present calls.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 02:50:46 PM »
Good suggestion, Amiga programming will never be profitable, but if you could easily port the game to iPhone, you've got a winning combination.  I like win-win scenarios....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 01:33:01 AM »
Don't really see why you'd want to change the engine on a T5, just order the Turbocharged Direct Injection 1.9 L I4 or the 2.5 L I5.  Turbocharging really helps these vehicles.  Most of the Trakkadus (Campervans) have the diesel engine though, which are cheaper to run.  Last year we were looking at getting a people mover and thought about getting a VW camper van, but at around AU$100K for a 2010 they're really out of my league.  

Quote from: DIBBEERZ;533120
I wish the Amiga had a super active game making scene

:(

16 bit coders went back to the 8 bit scene banging hardware old amiga owners come back for amiga os like aros like havin a vw camper with a saburu engine its just cool i duno to fit real slimed down code into 64k is a challenge or the boot block of a amiga floppy we dont need all this c++ nonsence i say bring back kseka assembler with a ramdisk an cygnes ed thats all u need ! oh an dpaint an a tracker prog ! oh hang on thats the demo scene or real amiga game writers ![/QUOTE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]