Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mapparium - OpenStreetMap client for all Amiga systems  (Read 17781 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: Mapparium - OpenStreetMap client for all Amiga systems
« on: April 23, 2017, 11:13:42 AM »
Quote from: zylesea;824898
Does not work here (MorphOS 3.8). Program itself starts (Taskmanager lists the task), but no GUI gets initialized (no error message shown).

same with aros68k unfortunately. needs to be investigated.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 05:27:11 PM »
Quote from: zylesea;824903
Add tooltype=cli

i think i have a different issue.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 07:20:51 PM »
i was trying to start it from the shell already. its not that it doesnt start, but it doesnt load something, likely the free pascal resource or whatever it is. im talking about aros68k, os3 is fine. the problem is most certainly on aros side, i simply dont know whats wrong. snoopy doesnt tell me it

maybe there is some register mismatch os3 accepts. but it shouldnt be the case anymore. maybe i just try to compile some helloworld with pascal and see if it works.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 08:51:26 PM »
actually im talking about both. in case of maparium i could observe that the program attempted to load the file, but it couldnt, even though the file was present. odd.
with muimapparium i cannot tell for now.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 11:12:41 PM »
ill be testing it in a minute, one question though, why is that neccessary to have external resource to the executable? i understand, that this is because the compiler cannot generate hunk format. but how about to generate 68k binary in elf format and then convert it to hunk with the elf2hunk utility from aros crosstools?

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 11:30:28 PM »
hmm. tested maparium and gps tool here on an older build, about three months, since i updated it on this computer and both worked. i need to check with a most current source. maybe something got broken. sorry for inconvenience.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 03:24:12 AM »
just to let you know. the issue has been found and fixed. mapparium and other pascal software along with a number of other amiga apps work again on aros.