Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be  (Read 14787 times)

Description:

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #119 from previous page: April 04, 2011, 11:52:32 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;627632
Really? tell me where i want to try it!

I really like windows 7. It leave everything else in its wake :)

Just type in XP mode into the internet. Its basically a free copy of xp running under VM. Now even works if your CPu does not support hardware virtualisation.   I think you need at least home premium version and up of windows 7
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2011, 11:54:03 AM »
Yes. Let's burn Wayne at the stake as a Amigan sacrifice.

The outcome can only be good right?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline danwood

• Show only replies by danwood
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2011, 11:57:11 AM »
Quote from: dammy;627297

Cheap as in affordable hardware or cheap as in low quality?  Yes, it's going to be affordable hardware and not some sky high PPC pricing.  If you are saying it's low quality hardware, back up that claim.  We do not know exactly which specific CPUs nor what the new OS will be based on for the new Commodore Amigas.

Since everything else on the CUSA website seems to be just crappy all-in-one low quality PCs from no-name companies with a Commodore badge on them, I'd say it's a safe bet it will be low quality too.

Offline kolla

« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2011, 12:46:38 PM »
Why not slap Amiga stickers on iPads and sell them with, say ... 30% profit?
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM440 and Mac minis with MorphOS

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2011, 03:13:14 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;627680
Yes. Let's burn Wayne at the stake as a Amigan sacrifice.

The outcome can only be good right?

Romans 3:8
let us do evil, that there may come good? whose damnation is just.

Offline Fester

• Show only replies by Fester
    • http://www.rdmsnippets.com
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2011, 06:39:36 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;626992
Wow! It took me a whole 30 seconds to figure out they weren't made by Apple (the screen size gave it away). But if they are any good i might buy one :)

Yes, that's the impression I got too. So what are they?

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2011, 08:55:14 PM »
Well they are not touch tablets that are going to run MorphOS or Amiga OS natively....
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline CSixx

• Show only replies by CSixx
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2011, 08:58:04 PM »
Looks like one of the many cheap chinese android tablets.

Just like this one:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/7-touch-screen-lcd-google-android-2-2-tablet-pc-w-wifi-camera-tf-arm-v5-349-79mhz-70053

I have one of these and they are absolute garbage. Touchscreen is horrible (unusable), and the whole system is brutally slow and underpowered.

If it doesn't have a capacitive touchscreen, you can bet they pinched pennies elsewhere also.

This "Amiga" one looks strikingly similar to the one I linked.

Offline pwermonger

• Show only replies by pwermonger
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2011, 12:25:29 AM »
wow this is a long thread.

Okay first off I am an Amiga Zealot. Loved Amiga since I saw one back when I had a Commodore 128 and my friend had a 1000. Got a 500, then 2000HD upgraded like a nutcase with 020, 030 cards, IDE controllers, Framebuffers, Bridgeboard from 286 to 386, Video card-ish things (HAM-E, DCTV, Opalvision), RAM. It is a 2000 that can run 3.9, burn CDs, all I had to do at that time.

Then a 1200, and now a 4000 again not one Amiga doesn't have something added to it and I finally got and have tricked out a 1000 with RAM and an EasyL tablet, audio samplers.

That all said I can understand Wayne's position. Why does anything anyone does with the Amiga or C= brand automatically seem to develop page after page of negativity?
Amiga branded Android tablets, and middling of the road tablets, doesn't excite me. That also is not the only product that CUSA is planning on releasing. Can they have made a Minimig or Natami? Sure. But it seems to me that they want to have an actual cash flow with product that appeals to more than just this community so they can pay rent, salary and develop new products.

They have a bunch of rebrands, yes. They also have a developed product of a PC in a designed from the ground up case to look like the C=64. Is it the be all and end all? Nope. But I think its pretty damn cool and inventive. A product that could appeal to both classic aficionados and regular people since it could be used as a nice, small, modern PC running modern software.

Real Amiga product is way misguided IMHO. I even as an Amiga Zealot can't justify spending $800 ish money on a motherboard to run AmigaOS4.x while the MorphOS people manage to get their OS able to run on a Mac Mini I can buy for ~$100 to 200 or Power Mac and might eventually run on some laptops.

Why are some so positive about hardware emulation of a $20 Amiga 500 at over $200 for the completed board (IIRC and yes I do know it does some more like being able to connect to modern displays and using SD instead of failing floppy drives to read failing floppies, it is good that folks are finding ways to get the feel of the old machines in peoples hands in lieu of failing and increasingly hard to come by hardware antiques) and so negative about what CUSA is doing? There is room out there in the community for both.

Some point when I'm in the market for a tablet, I'll be looking seriously at the offerings and if price and features are right would not mind having one in my hand with a logo I recall fondly. I also will definitely have their C=64 remake on my desk.

Offline pwermonger

• Show only replies by pwermonger
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2011, 12:35:22 AM »
and yea I kind of left out, I think just about everyone here is disappointed Commodore went under with such a good product.

Sat on the same chipset way too long. Cancelled projects that would have developed better Amigas (as well as Commodores, like the LCD) faster and kept it competitive longer. We could have had actual Commodore Power PC Amigas with PCI and eventually they might have decided as Apple did to move to Intel.

Disappointed that Escom went under without doing anything of note.

Disappointed that Gateway did nothing but sit and spin unlike HP with WebOS who seem inclined to actually support and produce with their investment.

Some folks, however, should stop channeling this disappointment into negativity and if negative, stop being so public about it to the point where we drive everyone from the market.

Offline FluffyMcDeath

• Show only replies by FluffyMcDeath
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2011, 08:32:14 AM »
After reading this thread I really want to buy one of these things and even if it's a piece of crap or FedEx crushes it to powder in transit I'm gonna come back and yell about how great it is just to rile up the zealots.

Offline HenryCase

• Show only replies by HenryCase
« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2011, 10:56:17 AM »
Quote from: pwermonger;628025

Why are some so positive about hardware emulation of a $20 Amiga 500 at over $200 for the completed board (IIRC and yes I do know it does some more like being able to connect to modern displays and using SD instead of failing floppy drives to read failing floppies, it is good that folks are finding ways to get the feel of the old machines in peoples hands in lieu of failing and increasingly hard to come by hardware antiques)

The FPGAArcade can recreate more than just an A500, I take it you missed the AGA developments. Worth taking another look.
"OS5 is so fast that only Chuck Norris can use it." AeroMan

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2011, 11:07:24 AM »
Quote from: pwermonger;628031
......Sat on the same chipset way too long. Cancelled projects that would have developed better Amigas (as well as Commodores, like the LCD) faster and kept it competitive longer. We could have had actual Commodore Power PC Amigas with PCI and eventually they might have decided as Apple did to move to Intel.

Disappointed that Escom went under without doing anything of note.

Disappointed that Gateway did nothing but sit and spin unlike HP with WebOS who seem inclined to actually support and produce with their investment.

Some folks, however, should stop channeling this disappointment into negativity and if negative, stop being so public about it to the point where we drive everyone from the market.

Ur depressing me all over again.  15 years of and thousands of $ in counciling gone in one post....!
-moderated- -moderated- -moderated-..!

BTW: I, and I think a lot of others, have no problem with what they are doing as long as it's transparent and not misleading. "Amiga Branded" would be a good truthful term to use. (Truth in marketing?)

Getting over this thread now, ever since one of my posts was copied verbatim into moobunny without credit.. ):
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:12:20 AM by gertsy »

Offline cicero790

• Show only replies by cicero790
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2011, 12:59:10 PM »
The FpgaArcade is a great project but does it have to rule out any other projects?

I'm  interested in this tablet. If it have android I will run UAE4droid on it to complete the transubstantiation. Will follow the developments.
A1200 030 40MHz: 2/32MB Indivision AGA MkII
A600 7 MHz: 2MB
AROS 600 MHz
PC 13600 MHz: quad core i7 2600K 3.4GHz: 16GB RAM: ATI HD6950 2GB   (Yes I know)

WINUAE AmiKit ClassicWB AmigaSYS UAE4Droid  

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2011, 01:05:18 PM »
You can buy it now from merimobiles.com, chinagrabber.com , alibaba.com, pricedinchina.com, etc, etc etc.

Why wait?

Quote from: cicero790;628393
The FpgaArcade is a great project but does it have to rule out any other projects?

I'm  interested in this tablet. If it have android I will run UAE4droid on it to complete the transubstantiation. Will follow the developments.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2011, 01:33:37 PM »
Quote from: persia;628397
You can buy it now from merimobiles.com, chinagrabber.com , alibaba.com, pricedinchina.com, etc, etc etc.

Why wait?

And you can get the stickers from commodorescotland.com..  :)