Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Intresting mod  (Read 815 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaFreakTopic starter

• Show only replies by AmigaFreak
Intresting mod
« on: December 12, 2004, 02:32:38 AM »
Guys,

This isent Amiga related, but the computer itself uses the 68020 processor. Anyways, here goes!

I went to a thrift store the other day, I found on a shelf a Macintosh LC and a Mac color monitor. I bought it for a cheap price total of about 10.00$. Took it home, hooked it up, and powered it on. a short blast of fire and smoke came out of the back of the power-supply! I figured the computer was dead. However I decided to try something. I thought, if maybe the PSU was all that was dead, maybe I could replace it. I removed the fire-hazard old PSU, and found the pinouts of the LC PSU. I took that and my know-how of PC-AT PSUs and wired up a PC AT PSU to the LC. It was really funny seeing this large box sitting on top of this small case! Anyways, I powered the LC on, and it actually turned on and booted up!!
-- Joshua E. Horn

"Um... I think my computer let out the blue smoke! What should I do?!?!?"

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
Re: Intresting mod
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 05:20:35 AM »
Interesting enough.  :-)

Im sure just as long as you know the correct pinouts, then you can use most power supplies for just about anything.  :-D

I did a weird trick using my Amiga 1200 power supply and actually had it figure out wires so that I could make my very own homemade cable to connect the Commodore 1541 disk drive to my Amiga.  :-)
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline Effy

• Show only replies by Effy
Re: Intresting mod
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 06:59:22 AM »
kd7ota : I was told that you can use a 5,25" Amiga drive for reading C64 floppies but you wouldn´t be able to write to them ...