Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WHDLOAD coders needed for Prisma Megamix support  (Read 1408 times)

Description:

Offline amigakitTopic starter

WHDLOAD coders needed for Prisma Megamix support
« on: April 25, 2014, 08:51:40 PM »
Prisma Megamix is a new audio card from A-EON Technology for selected Amiga clockport and Zorro-equipped Amiga computers.

There are many projects planned and being developed for Prisma currently.  One project that we would like to support is WHDLOAD slaves where CDDA music/sound is missing, which is most often in CD32 titles.

Prisma can play PCM and OGG as well as many other files through the Prisma.library

We would like to support games such as Simon the Sorceror, Speedball 2 CD32, Kid Chaos etc etc which all have CDDA music missing in the WHDLOAD versions.

So there are two aspects to the project:  the WHDLOAD installer needs to rip the CDDA tracks to PCM file or similar, then the WHDLOAD slave needs to simply call the prisma.library to play the track during the game.

Are there any coders out there that can help with this project?

Novacoder has already done some great work with his Duke Nukem port with Prisma support.  The following YouTube video is an example of what can be achieved:http://youtu.be/UlZLK3CO1Fk
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline Matt_H

Re: WHDLOAD coders needed for Prisma Megamix support
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 12:35:17 AM »
Cool idea, but Simon the Sorcerer CD32 doesn't have any CDDA :)

I emailed the WHDLoad developers a number of years ago to see if native CDDA support would be possible (i.e., play game from hard drive, but have the original CD in the drive to play audio). I can't remember if they responded that they'd need to write a wrapper for cd.device, or if that was just my idea of how they might make it work. At any rate, it was something they were considering but it was pretty darn low on the priority list. This project gets to the same end result, but through a different route. I wonder if they'll be interested?