Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Public Release of MorphOS 2.5 & Introduction of eMac Support  (Read 15113 times)

Description:

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
Re: Public Release of MorphOS 2.5 & Introduction of eMac Support
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 02:27:53 AM »
Out of curiosity, why is the G5 line not planned on being supported?  is there some difference between G4 and G5 that makes it impractical?

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 05:43:41 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;562864
No.

The license is tied to the hardware, not to you.

You can however sell the hardware with the registered OS bundled, and recover money for a new registration that way.

Really?  Well, that settles my curiosity.  When it supports an Apple product I would be interested in owning I may reconsider.

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;562871
Just out of curiosity - is it the PowerMac or PowerBook you would prefer the most?

Personally, I have always dreamed of a *laptop* running my favorite OS and applications! :)

(And BTW (directed towards the MorphOS team), my Voucher idea was seriously meant. The MorphOS team would get money now, and customers would be able to enjoy the Special Anniversary Price! A win-win IMHO! :) )

Either or.  Anything "pro" and at least G4 and preferrably G5.  It doesn't sound like the G5 is planned on being supported though.  The license being tied to the machine is the biggest issue.  This forces the issue if the old beater mac I picked up to run an OS that costs almost as much as Windows 7 goes south, I get to sink money into it for repair as opposed to go getting another cheap mac to replace it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 06:16:23 PM by TheBilgeRat »

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 08:58:03 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;562876
If your registered hardware dies, and you can prove it (you discuss this with the MorphOS team directly as your personal unique situation arises), you will get a new keyfile for your new hardware! A kind of "warranty". This has been discussed a lot over at MorphZone.org, look there if you don't believe me (I don't have any links, but you could always ask MZ's living webcrawler Andreas_Wolf about it ;) ).

Well, that is cool!  So, once it gets on a Mac that's brushed aluminum I am so there :D