Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Public Release of MorphOS 2.5 & Introduction of eMac Support  (Read 15121 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_H

Darn you releasing this/me noticing it right before bedtime! :)
Looking forward to playing with this over the weekend. My thanks to the team.

Offline Matt_H

Re: Public Release of MorphOS 2.5 & Introduction of eMac Support
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 04:06:03 PM »
Quote from: EDanaII;562846
Well, kudos to the MorphOS team for this. Unlike Hyperion, they at least get part of the equation: inexpensive hardware, as opposed to modern inexpensive hardware. Unfortunately for me, I hate all of the uni-body Macs, so I doubt I'd get one even if I had room on my desk for it. (I'm more likely to get a Power G4 since it can hide under my desk).

Quote from: LoadWB;562849
I am quite impressed with the MacMini.

My MorphOS MacMini sits atop my Intel MacMini, which sits atop my AmigaOne, which sits under my desk :)

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 05:05:22 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;563009
This is good news. Is there a list somewhere of supported emac and g4 models? I don't want to buy one on ebay that is not sure to work.

Steven

Check here.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 07:34:06 PM »
Quote from: LoadWB;563099
Slashdotted

Slashdot Apple Story | MorphOS 2.5 Released, Supports More Old Macs
http://apple.slashdot.org/story/10/06/05/203227/MorphOS-25-Released-Supports-More-Old-Macs?art_pos=6&art_pos=6

Yikes, not getting much love from the Slashdot crowd. Linux tunnel-vision has made up their minds for them.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 10:49:34 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;563168
It's not a reaction from slashdot that surprises me.

Let's be realistic here. Other than appeal to our particular peculiarities and run our ageing software catalogue, is there anything practical that AmigaOS and it's various offshoots do  that linux can't ?

Screens! :)

More seriously, why is there still hardware and software development for the C64? It's absurdly impractical, but it's really nifty. I guess I expected more of that sentiment from the Slashdot crowd.

OSX crawls on my Mini, Ubuntu crawls on my Pegasos, but MorphOS flies on both - especially on a program-to-program basis (i.e., MPlayer). Surely a system like that is worth taking a look at?