Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: G++ problems  (Read 1732 times)

Description:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: G++ problems
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 26, 2003, 07:15:29 PM »
@alx

Yeah, Kronos is right - it has a restriction on the source file length, but the compilers are complete.

Personally I don't mind StormEd for source editing - I got pretty used to it so any restriction in GoldEd's editor doesnt really matter to me.
int p; // A

Offline Dietmar

• Show only replies by Dietmar
    • http://devplex.awardspace.biz
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2003, 08:05:01 PM »
>Yeah, Kronos is right - it has a restriction on the source file length, but the compilers are complete.

Compilers are - of course - complete, those are "bonus material" and unrelated to GoldED.  Their installations will be done to a different folder, the devkits tree. You can install the GoldED trial (make sure to install it with C/C++ to get the compilers) and then delete the trial but keep the devkits. I'm not aware of any easier way to install gcc and vbcc on your Amiga (it will deal with such issues as making inlines or install gcc so that it does work with WinUAE and the Windows file system in the absence of links, and it will not require more than a few mouse clicks, promised :). Btw, forget about the gcc on Aminet, it's an obsolete old version.

If you want to download GoldED with devkits and the easy-installation compiler package, make sure that you download the "fat" version (85 MB). It includes three variants of gcc and the free and excellent vbcc compiler. I apologize about the size, it was never meant for downloading.

http://golded.dietmar-eilert.de/golded/files.htm

As to restrictions, the trial version of GoldED has a restriction of 500 lines per file - that's why it's called a trial.  I believe that is enough to test it or even use its HTML mode as free HTML editor.

Offline bytecode

• Show only replies by bytecode
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2003, 02:05:21 AM »
@bytecode
In the C++ tutorial book I'm using, it mentions that about the .h, and it compiles fine under G++ in windoze. But the Amiga version I have doesn't seem to have those versions, unless I'm looking at this the completely wrong way (it complains it cannot find them without the .h extension)

I'm wondering... Have you tried to search for say, "iostream" or "iostream.h"? You might have to set up some environment variable that points to the directory holding the headers.

I remember using gcc on UAE, and prior to building anything, I would run a *nix shell (sh). Try this, maybe?

WORK> sh
> g++ -o hellocpp hello.cpp
> ./hellocpp

It's quite possible that the shell will set the correct variables for you (on *nix I'd tell you to look in $HOME/.bashrc or /etc/bashrc, or even /etc/profile, but I have no idea where this shell emulation might have written it, if at all). Note that *nix is case sensitive, and so will that shell emulator.

If that doesn't work, I'll try and install GCC on UAE again.

BTW Welcome to A.org

This is actually my 4th or 5th post, but I've been so active that my account disappeared :-D. Thanks though  :-).

Hope this helps.