Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How can I get Furia Tune onto my disk?  (Read 777 times)

Description:

Offline JacobStevensTopic starter

• Show only replies by JacobStevens
How can I get Furia Tune onto my disk?
« on: September 22, 2023, 01:06:18 PM »
I'm relatively new to Amigas and could use some guidance. My setup includes an Amiga 600 with the A604N expansion, Indivision ECS, a compact flash IDE adapter, and a Gotek floppy emulator. Everything was running smoothly until I installed the new Furia accelerator. Since then, I've been unable to boot from the compact flash, and I've heard that this could be due to the need for a faster flash card. I can still boot from floppy ADF images, although not all of them seem to work, though I'm not sure if this issue is related to the recent changes. Interestingly, if I boot from a Workbench ADF, I can access the hard drive. Now, I'm keen to use Furia Tune to optimize my setup. My question is: how can I get Furia Tune onto my disk? I apologize if this sounds like a basic question. I have Amiga Forever, and I'm wondering if it's possible to create an ADF with Furia Tune on it using Amiga Forever.

Offline AndyFC

Re: How can I get Furia Tune onto my disk?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 11:09:01 PM »
I've looked up FuriaTune and it seems to be a small file which will easily fit on a floppy disk.

If you can boot to Workbench you should be able to run a tool like Crossdos which will allow you to read a 720 DD floppy disk. If you can get this working, and you have a way of writing to a floppy disk on a pc then you could use this method to copy the file.

Another alternative is to put your CF card into a PC and use Amiga Forever to mount it in the emulator. You could then copy FuriaTune to the CF card.

To start with do you have a PC with either a CF card reader or a floppy drive?
A1200 in DIY Tower. 3.2 ROMs (softkicking 3.2.2), OS 3.2.2 with ClassicWB, CF card, CD RW and IDE to SD adapter running off the internal IDE port (using the A4000 4-port IDE adapter from Amigakit), Pistorm 32 lite with Pi4/2GB/Emu68 or Blizzard 1230-IV, with 32MB 60ns RAM and 50MHz 68882 FPU. 3COM PCMCIA Network card running with Miami DX.
MorphOS on PowerMac G5 and ATI 9600 pro