Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SCSI2SD  (Read 2117 times)

Description:

Offline Pat the Cat

Re: SCSI2SD
« on: May 03, 2021, 01:25:27 AM »
Apparently you can change the ROM on it to support HDDs. Not an easy job, it's PLCC and unsocketed.

There are some "industrial" alternatives but they make hacking Acard stuff look like a bargain. Let me know if you want links.,

Rascsi looks interesting. Maybe a touch faster than a V5 and cheaper too. You kind of have to order though the Github, lot easier if you are based in North America.
"To recurse is human. To iterate, divine."

A1200, Vanilla, Surf Squirrel, SD Card, KS 3.0/3.z, PCMCIA dev
A500, Vanilla, A570, Rev 5, KS 1.2/1.3 Testbench system
Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi

Offline Pat the Cat

Re: SCSI2SD
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 01:48:02 AM »
Well, Matt H did wonder about other options for the Cyberstorm 3, which is peculiarly fast as far as I know.

The question if someone can confirm this.as what one to use. Is the G-Force 030 fast enough to use a V6. Amiga Resource says only 1.2 MBs, sounds slow since other GVP  units are much faster. I can't test

Chris

GVP Combos are known for having slower scsi access compared to their scsi HD + Zorro 2 RAM expansions.

No, the Combo will throttle a V6, you won't get 2MB second out of it.
"To recurse is human. To iterate, divine."

A1200, Vanilla, Surf Squirrel, SD Card, KS 3.0/3.z, PCMCIA dev
A500, Vanilla, A570, Rev 5, KS 1.2/1.3 Testbench system
Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi